Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Festivals Falsetto Contest
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  03:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakahiaka Kakou - I just received the following from Harry B. Soria's newsletter. I bet our friend Bill Wynn will be there!
----------------------------
Aloha Festivals Hawaiian Falsetto Contest on O'ahu
Friday, September 28, 2007 7:00pm
Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Kaua`i & Maui Ballrooms

Celebrating our Hawaiian Falsetto heritage, amateur falsetto singers vie for a Hula Records recording contract and other prizes with a stunning display of talent and special guest stars, along with our honorees for the Falsetto Hall of Fame.
Local radio host Harry B. Soria, Jr. and Hawaiian songbird Karen Keawehawaii will emcee.

Headlining the event will be one of Hawai`i's most prolific bands, Holunape, winners of two prestigious Na Hoku Hanohano Awards in 2006 for "Group of the Year" and "Best Use of Hawaiian Language."

Hawai`i's legendary artists will be inducted into the Falsetto Hall of Fame.

The judges are Noelani Mahoe, Don "Flip" McDiarmid, Nalani Olds, Vicky Hollinger, Dennis Kamakahi, Puakea Nogelmeier and Gary Kahaho'omalu Kanada.

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS AT $25.00 PER TICKET ARE AVAILABLE AND CAN BE PURCHASE THROUGH OUR MERCHANDISE SITE.

Tickets will be available for pick up on September 28th beginning at 4:00 PM at the Sheraton Waikiki Maui and Kauai Ballroom desk.

Patrons requiring mailing of tickets will be charged an extra $5.00.

For information call 808-853-0555, email: info @ alohafestivals.com.

Sheraton Waikiki's two oceanfront dining locations will offer special discounts for Hawaiian Falsetto Contest ticket holders on the night of the contest.

Event guests can take advantage of a 20% discount on food (not applicable towards beverage) at the Sand Band or a specially priced dinner buffet at Ocean Terrace.

Simply present their event ticket to their server to take advantage of this exclusive offer.

Note: Reservations must be made in advance for Ocean Terrace by calling (808) 921-4600 or emailing TDRC.Waikiki @ starwoodhotels.com.
These discounts are only available for Hawaiian Falsetto Contest event attendees and cannot be combined with other offers.

For information about the contest or dining discounts at Sheraton Waikiki, visit htt;://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/falsetto.htm.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  10:45:03 AM  Show Profile
FYI -- Aloha Festivals Falsetto Contest Winners Vol 8 album is due for release Oct 4...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  11:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

FYI -- Aloha Festivals Falsetto Contest Winners Vol 8 album is due for release Oct 4...

It only features two winners this time, Maui's Kalani Benanua and Kaua`i's Elijah Issac, four songs from each. But the rest of the disc features one cut from each of the four 2006 inductees into the Hall of Fame: Benny Kalama, Kahauanu Lake, Dennis Pavao & John Piilani Watkins.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile
For clarification, that would be the four "Aloha Festivals Falsetto" Hall of Fame inductees.

Here's the playlist for the CD:

1. Kaulana `O Hilo Hanakahi — Elijah Isaac
2. Alekoki — Kalani Benanua
3. Lahela Ku`u Poki`i — Dennis Pavao
4. `Ainahau — Elijah Isaac
5. Pakalana — Kalani Benanua
6. Mi Nei — Kahauanu Lake Trio
7. U`ilani — Elijah Isaac
8. Aloha Ka Manini — Kalani Benanua
9. Ke Ali`i Hula Mamo — Elijah Isaac
10. Queen's Jubilee — Kalani Benanua
11. Moloka`i (Honomuni) — John Pi`ilani Watkins
12. Kealoha — Benny Kalama

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
To be reviewed in the October issue of Northwest Hawai`i Times, too.
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  10:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Aloha Kakahiaka Kakou - I just received the following from Harry B. Soria's newsletter. I bet our friend Bill Wynn will be there!
----------------------------
Aloha Festivals Hawaiian Falsetto Contest on O'ahu
Friday, September 28, 2007 7:00pm
Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Kaua`i & Maui Ballrooms

Indeed, I will be there and will perform several numbers with another winner emeritus, Lawrence Pau. I will also be doing an interview promoting the falsetto contest with Harry B. Soria on the KGMB Morning Show this Thursday, 9/27 at 6:00am.

This has been an amazing two weeks in Hawai`i, actually. In what I call the "Musicians Exchange Program," while Hoku Zuttermeister was on my coast with the Makaha Sons and our admin, I stood in for Hoku at the last minute on a gig with Keao Costa. I have also been at the Halekulani Hotel's House Without A Key for the last two Saturdays with the Jeff Au Hoy Trio - filling in on bass - and will be there again this Saturday, 9/29 from 5:00 until 8:30pm - this time on guitar for regular guitarist Hale Seabury-Akaka who will be on Kaua`i with the Mokihana Festival.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000