Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 NH: Makaha Sons 9/22/07
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

I am excited to be on this bill and am scheduled to play 3-4 songs to open this show. Any New Hampshire or Massachusetts residents out there? Hope to see you.

Check www.makahasons.com for additional East Coast dates including New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

Andy

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Andy,

Wow, that's awesome! The Makaha Sons performing in New Hampshire . . . I mean our very own Admin opening the show. Congrats! On Sept. 23 I'll tell my boys that the guy who opened for the Makaha Sons once came to our house to kanikapila.

Aloha bruddah,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Doug,

I hope it's not, "That guy who once came to our house really made a fool of himself." That's motivation to practice! I am psyched to have the opportunity to play. The producer of the show contacted me since he really wanted some slack key as part of the show. I am more than happy to oblige.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  11:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Andy,

Hmmm, the producer wanted some "slack key." If I'm not mistaken, what you played at our house were Hawaiian songs in some kind of funky New Jersey open tuning. In fact, weren't some of your strings tuned up (vs. slackened) from standard tuning? While we're at it, what's your lineage? And no, scarfing the local kine food doesn't count as lineage. :)

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  12:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
LOL. I can do some serious damage at the all you can eat buffet! But slowing down with age.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Andy - that is totally awesome news. Oh, boy, I would be getting butterflies in my stomach. To be on a bill with folks like Makaha Sons and Hoku Zuttermeister speaks highly of your talent and the high regard in which they hold you. Are you coming with them to College Park, MD on the 29th of September? If so, me & my dearest will be there.

So exciting! Good luck, break a leg, or whatever one is supposed to say to wish you no broken strings and sweet sounds.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  3:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Are you coming with them to College Park, MD on the 29th of September? If so, me & my dearest will be there.
No, I am only scheduled for the one show in NH. I would love to come down to MD to see Herb and Keoki but not sure if I will have the energy for the drive for a third Makaha Sons show. You see, I will also be watching the show in New York.

Thanks for the kind words. And to be realistic, I suspect that my stomach will be tested come Sept 22.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  7:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Ho'omaika'i Brother Andy! Sounds like it'll be lots of FUN! Especially with the Son's and Hoku! Take time to Enjoy the Ride!
Aloha nui,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  8:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I just have to repeat what Braddah Bryan wrote. Ho'omaika'i to you Andy! Sure sounds like fun especially playing with the Makaha Sons its extra special.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo nui loa! A friend of mine from around here told me about this but didn't know the date off hand. Where will this be located and at what time? I want to go!

Mahalo in advance,
'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  11:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Where will this be located and at what time? I want to go!
Hi `Alika,

Sorry, the info is in an image. Here are the details.

an evening of aloha...
with The Makaha Sons and Friends
Sat, September 22, 2007, 2007 7pm
The Thomas G Meehan Center for the Performing Arts

featuring Hawaii's hottest rising star,
and #1 selling recording artist
Hoku Zuttermeister

with Margot Reola, Andy Wang and Hui Na Kawaiuali

The Thomas G Meehan Center for the Performing Arts
Cooperative Middle School
100 Academic Way, Stratham, NH
Tickets are $25 and $30 at www.sharleneoshiro.com
Or mail a check to:
Kikenei Productions, PO Box 352, Hamton, NH 03842
603-205-0784
www.MakahaSons.com

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  10:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I'm going! I'm so excited! Pomaika'i, Andy. Can't wait to hear you play your slack key. You'll be great!

A hui hou,
'Alika

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  4:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
They're lucky to have you, Andy.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  5:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Fran. `Alika, it'll be great to meet you in person.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  03:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Thanks Fran. `Alika, it'll be great to meet you in person.

I know! That's another one of the reasons I'm excited to go.

Hey, you have to do "Hi'ilawe" for me. OK? Haha!

See you there,
'Alika

P.S. I hope that I can ask Hoku if I can sing "'Alika" with him. Don't worry, I feel ready to do it. I know what the story is about and everything.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha kakou,

I just wanted to say e kala mai no to Andy and everybody else who saw my previous post in this topic and thought I was being pushy. I meant it in a nice way. You don't HAVE to do it, Andy. I was just throwing it out there as a request. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I should have asked it as a question. Please forgive me for that.

Aloha nui,
'Alika

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000