Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 NH: Makaha Sons 9/22/07
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  5:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Hey, you have to do "Hi'ilawe" for me. OK? Haha!
No worries. I knew what you meant, and it's a definite maybe!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Hey, you have to do "Hi'ilawe" for me. OK? Haha!
No worries. I knew what you meant, and it's a definite maybe!

Hiki mai!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  10:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
The concert last night was one I'll never forget. Mahalo again, Andy, for sharing your great ki ho'alu with us. I think the best part was when Hoku Zuttermeister sang "'Alika" and sent it out to me! After the concert, I got to meet him in the lobby, and I said, "I loved it! Mahalo nui loa! Auntie Genoa would be proud." And he was like, "Ho, I hope so! Hahaha!" We talked story for a little while, and then he signed my CD saying:

'Alika,
Mahalo nui loa.
Love,
Hoku

What a sweet person he was! Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Andy or the sons, but I was glad I got to hear them perform. This morning, I sent an e-mail to Sharlene Oshiro saying mahalo for having them all come out to my area. I also told her to tell them that they are always welcome back. If they come back, I'm going again!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  12:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
When the Makaha Sons and Hoku performed Hi`ilawe during their soundcheck, I thought I'd better remove it from set list ASAP!

I think the show went really well. Well enough, that the Makaha Sons (and other Hawaiian musicians) will be back to New Hampshire.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

When the Makaha Sons and Hoku performed Hi`ilawe during their soundcheck, I thought I'd better remove it from set list ASAP!

Why? Was it not good?

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  11:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, my post wasn't clear. The Makaha Sons and Hoku sounded awesome. I figured that if they sang Hi`ilawe during the sound check, they'd perform it during the show.

One, I didn't want to steal their songs. Two, my version paled in comparison! Those guys are awesome.

I decided not to play Hi`ilawe but they didn't either. Oh well.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000