Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kaua`i Report
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  3:58:55 PM  Show Profile
We're back from Kaua`i. It was a wonderful trip. The weather was very un-Hawai`i like. It never got over about 75 until our last 2 days. The humidity was low (for Hawai`i) and it rained only a couple of times (at night). Surf on the north shore was HUGH! On two occasions we had very strong winds. We wore our sweat shirts a few times at sunrise and a few more times at sunset.

It was rich with music. We spent sunsets with the McMasters. I got to perform 4 times at their presentations and once during their show at Kukui Grove (my hands are still shaking ).

We flew Hawaiian Air out of San Diego to Honolulu (& back). We got to check our luggage at the curb in San Diego. My Rainsong was packed in a Calton case and then packed (& padded) in the box the Calton came in. There was no problem with it and no extra charge (in either direction). Sheila's ukulele case was small enough for carry-on. Someone carried a baby Taylor on-board (in gig bag) on the flight there and put it in an overhead compartment.

Aloha hugs and special thanks to Doug & Sandy for helping to make it a GREAT trip!!

Dusty

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  5:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aloha Dusty...welcome back. Sounds like a great trip, despite the weather (which has been absolutely gorgeous here the past week).

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 01/19/2003 11:21:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2003 :  01:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
welcome back to the forum Dusty. Glad to hear you had a good trip and hope the new Rainsong worked well for you. I love Kaua'i and hope to go back for a visit with Doug and Sandy again sometime. Playing in public huh? Real brave but I bet you did a great job even if it was a little intimidating. Say hello to Sheila for us. Sulle
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2003 :  09:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Dusty,

Thanks for posting about your trip. Good for you playing in public!

You guys keep talking about weather. Yesterday morning at 8am, it was 6 degrees out. Atleast by evening the temperature had doubled to 12. Going to go snowboarding tomorrow morning so I hope it warms up.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2003 :  11:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Andy, today it was colder here too, probably somewhere around 6 degrees (above 70) also. I can see snow on the mountains three hours from here though, so I suppose I could go snowboarding tomorrow as well if I decide not to go to the beach. Decisions, decisions.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000