Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Conference Calls Once a Month
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  1:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I have e-mailed many of you about this already. Just thought I'd post it online here too. I need to find a service, but when I do, I wanted to know if any of you would be interested in coming on a scheduled conference call once a month. We could talk story about Hawaiian music, culture, or anything else that comes to mind.

For those of you that I haven't heard from yet or who are just reading this for the first time, does this sound fun?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  04:35:06 AM  Show Profile
That would be kinda cool... what about a chat room with voice capabilities?
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  06:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I wouldn't be able to participate because of tight schedule of work and family, but I think some kid of interaction would be nice.
How about a weekly or monthly virtual concert? If we were to sign up a list of players with the technical capability and access to put up 3-5 songs on Youtube, then the rest of us can watch another TPer play and sing?

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  06:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
All great ideas. I like Jesse's idea since the "making of" could be done on each person's own time and schedule. Any and all interaction sounds really fun.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
E kala mai, but about youtube and voice chats online like this, I don't have the right technology to do those and already have too much stuff on this computer as it is. Mahalo for the suggestions though. I'd make sure that the service we would use if we follow through on my original idea would be toll free or that the time would be free for some cell phone users.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

E kala mai, but about youtube and voice chats online like this, I don't have the right technology to do those and already have too much stuff on this computer as it is. Mahalo for the suggestions though. I'd make sure that the service we would use if we follow through on my original idea would be toll free or that the time would be free for some cell phone users.

Count me in... I would like to the conference calls with you. Wait, we are doing them already...Hahaha! Let's wala'au soon. Miss you!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  11:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusiclover06

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Count me in... I would like to the conference calls with you. Wait, we are doing them already...Hahaha! Let's wala'au soon. Miss you!

Alana :)

Yes, but those are based on 'olelo and culture! Which reminds me, I will post another question shortly.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  05:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Goofing around in my garage, I recorded three songs and cobbled them together. I used a point-and-shoot digital camera and iMovie to string them together. Took me about half an hour.
Perhaps it could be the format for virtual mini concerts that TPers could put up one a month or so?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYxr7CgNXtE
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  07:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
It's always a joy to hear you sing and play, Jesse! Thanks for sharing! - Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
That was wonderful, Jesse. It made my morning!

I had no idea garages (with minivans no less!) could harbor such sweet singing and playing.

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
Mahalo to you too, Jesse. Very tasty!
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  10:33:43 AM  Show Profile
What key was the mini van tuned to? Thats some good sound. Is that from the camera itself or external mike? I no mo camera and I wonder how you generate the titles on the video. And the big one, how do you post it in the first place. I'm not ma'a with you tube posting or any kine video any way. Maybe you can share that mana'o with us or somting li'dat. You neva sing ha'i at my house. At least I no remember that kine. Pretty kool man.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  10:36:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh by the way. Another question. Would video conference be to much to set up. And would it be too expensive anyway?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  10:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Mahalo, everyone. My first tip for garage concerts is: Do it July. In September, it's 50 degrees in the garage. That's my excuse for clumsy kiho'alu.
I used a Nikon digital camera set to "movie" mode. It was made in two clips. I dragged those into iMovie and dropped them on the timeline after trimming them a little. I added a start title and ending title. Then I exported it as a quicktime movie.
To get it on Youtube, first sign up for an account. Then go to the My Account page and select "upload video". Then select the video and clip "upload". After about 8-10 minutes, it will confirm that it's uploaded. Then go back to "My Account" and find your video and copy the link to the page.
This is my first personal music video and consider it a challenge to all you TPers who are hiding in your spare bedroom with your guitars where only your dog can hear you...
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  11:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hapakid

Goofing around in my garage, I recorded three songs and cobbled them together. I used a point-and-shoot digital camera and iMovie to string them together. Took me about half an hour.
Perhaps it could be the format for virtual mini concerts that TPers could put up one a month or so?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYxr7CgNXtE
Jesse Tinsley

Maika'i loa! I harmonized with you in "He U'i" and "My Yellow Ginger Lei." I'd love to meet you and do a duet or two.

Hana hou!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  12:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
E 'Alika! Too bad we're all so spread out across the country. We could make lots of great music if we ever got together.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000