Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My Hawaii Trip (photo heavy)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

EastCoastTropics
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  2:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit EastCoastTropics's Homepage
Yahoo!

I had a great time on Oahu this month! I took over 900 digital shots and have included many on my postcards site at Hawaii-eCards.com.

I always make sure I get a window seat on the left side of the plane!

One of the awesomest things I saw on this trip were the Thunderbirds over Waikiki.

Princess of Maui was so gracious. She and her horse stood right in front of me to make sure I got plenty of shots! Thank you Princess of Maui!

I was impressed with Maryknoll High's float!

A trip of Koko Crater Botanical Gardens yielded many Plumie shots....one of my faves!

I couldn't get enough of this!

Or this!

Woke up early to take in the fish auction.

Won two free rounds for here....what a beautiful course!

Considered this but I do get seasick...

Bought some artwork here...

And got me a tour here....

Thanks for lookin'!
Lovena

Free Hawaii eCards!
Send an Aloha today!
http://hawaii-ecards.com

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Photos look real professional. Man I miss those malasadas and the Zip Min? First stop Zippy's. Thanks for the photos. How you get the labels on them?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  4:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Now, I am getting hungry for those malasadas. They look professional.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  7:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Noeau,
You can buy Zippy's food on the web, but the shipping is a rip off.

You live in Hawaii and get ripped off on shipping from the mainland, now you move to the mainland and get ripped off on shipping from Hawaii... Ayah, no can win yeah?
Go to Top of Page

kalamakruza
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  8:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for sharing, now I stay ono for ,Zippy's, Malasada's..and hooo boy, look at all those AHI, juss waiting foah being made into POKI, Sashimi,Sushi..Ho, gotta stop now, keybord all wet...

I tink I got a touch of Island fever..Aloha no Kakou..Jimmerz
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  04:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
OH no how I gonna make it 4 months till Hawaii and now all I thinking about is Malasada's (got Guava?) and some POKI gotta be truly lolo to want both at same time to old to be hapi.

But deffinatly going out for sushi this weekend
Great Photos How do you get such great shots from the Plane mine always reflect off the gless look terrible. UCK

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  05:24:42 AM  Show Profile
Lovena, thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. You have a great eye. And I'm hungry for lunch, and it's only 8:23 a.m.!

No`eau, can get Zippy's at Uwajimaya. Check da frozen section near da fish at da back of da store. (Sadly, no Zip Min.) But they have chili and Portuguese Bean Soup. But, G.S., still no can find da chili pepah watah!
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  07:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo for sharing such terrific photos, Lavena!!!
This thread is way more "hawaiian" than most, in that once it's gone off track, it's onto Kau Kau!!!
I'm surprised you can't find most of that stuff to eat locally - come south and west. You buy chili pepper water? I thought just mix it up.
Can't imagine having malasadas shipped.... probably easy to make - lots of recipe books out there; I've been using the ones put out by the Maui UofH extension for years. If you make dango, double sugar.
So sorry Lovena to hijack your thread. You have pictures of places not included in most collections.
mahalo once again,
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  07:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Tanks eh fo da pics ... wat a way fo me fo celebrate da Aloha Friday hea! I no can wait fo da nex time I can go back home too ...

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  09:41:49 AM  Show Profile
The Zip Min going get cold all the way from HI. If you can find the chilis you can make your own wai ni'oi wela.Maybe they can grow up hea li'dat. In Poulsbo WA get Central Market can find fresh sashimi, Sun Brand saimin Noodles almost like Liliha brand. Not the dried kind but fresh. You can make the shiro from scratch cause get dried 'opae and stuff too. But Momi is right gotta go Uwajimaya for a limited supply of Zippy's stuff , laulau, poi and lu'au kalo a pela aku no.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  10:20:02 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoyed your website, Lovena. I've stood at some of those EXACT same spots (esp. at La`ie and Hale`iwa) and my photos haven't turned nearly as good as yours. I especially liked the sunset photos and the ones taken at the Aquarium.
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  12:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the nostalgia, Lovena! I, too, really enjoyed the pictures. Laughed out loud when I scrolled down to the malasadas. Boy do my wife and I miss those. And Matsumoto's shave ice. And Kua 'Aina. And Hy's. And gyodza.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

EastCoastTropics
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  3:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit EastCoastTropics's Homepage
Mahalo for all your compliments....so glad that you're enjoying the photos!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Malasadas!! I only eat the original kine. I tasted the filled ones and stay ono but somehow they just don't agree with my digestive system! My auntie's friend told me use the pizza dough to make my own malasadas. Ya know, the one that comes in a plastic bag in the grocer....that you spread on the pizza pan...she said use this to make my own malasadas. I haven't tried it just yet.

Nani, try turning off your flash as well as any lights over your seat.

Aahh...Matsumoto's shave ice!

Free Hawaii eCards!
Send an Aloha today!
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  4:29:08 PM  Show Profile
We used to deep fry the Pilsbury biscuit dough (the kind in the blue container you whack on the side to pop it open), roll it in sugar and MALASADAS
Go to Top of Page

EastCoastTropics
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  5:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit EastCoastTropics's Homepage
Brian fart!

808 you're right! It's the biscuit dough and not the pizza dough to make the malasadas! I was thinking of the "fried dough" I used to make when the kids were little....I did use pizza dough.

Free Hawaii eCards!
Send an Aloha today!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Lovena,

Who's Brian?!?! Ha, ha - I know, suppose to be brain.

I love shave ice, sushi... thanks for sharing your photos. Looks like you had a great trip.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000