Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Cerritos Ukulele Festival - +lots more!!! 10/6
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile
If you're anywhere in SoCal and can make it, I think you'll enjoy this event. Tickets for the daytime are $20 and include concerts all day and any of the workshops you can fit in.
http://ukulelefestival.org/saturday.html
Please check out the website for the slack key, hula, steel guitar, craft; and hawaiian history, language and songs workshops. Outside are vendors including Doug Katsumoto who will have the CDs he's mentioned here for sale. Also kau kau of course, including real shave ice w/ eagle brand and manapua.
Uncle Chuck Ka`imikaua will be teaching intermediate C-wahine tuning Hi`ilawe.
Aloha!

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  06:29:50 AM  Show Profile
FYI.....The outside vendor and food area is FREE of charge......for those not interested in attending the workshops and concerts .
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo for the info. Wish I could be there, Oh well... Sounds like fun especially when you have someone like my good friend Bryan Tolentino! You gotta see him perform if you haven't. Braddah is awesome! Way to go Bryan!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  12:21:10 PM  Show Profile
unless the honey-dos pile up -- I'll be there.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  1:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
I'll be working. Boss out of town. Wish I could go. Glad I got to jam at your house last weekend to make up for it. I really would like to attend the Kaimikaua workshop on C maunaloa and the next one on Bb maunaloa tunings (Kumu's name?). I know everyone will have a good time.

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha mai Kakou!
I'll be there teaching a workshop and performing at the Saturday night concert a long with my good friends, Asa Young, Byron Yasui and Benny Chong. For all you TP'ers attending, stop by and say Aloha!
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  4:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by sob

Aloha mai Kakou!
I'll be there teaching a workshop and performing at the Saturday night concert a long with my good friends, Asa Young, Byron Yasui and Benny Chong. For all you TP'ers attending, stop by and say Aloha!
A hui hou,
Bryan

Hey Bryan, I am one of the TP'ers that isn't attending but I just wanted to say Aloha and mahalo for being my hoaloha. Best of luck on the workshop and the performance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000