Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 new string needed- What Kine?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  11:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
OK here is the problem. I need advise from more than one person. so of couse I turn to Taropatch experts.
I will need to put new strings on my Uke some day and should be carring extra set any way I want to put new strings on Fluke and flea see if it changes the sound. Not crazy about it but I did not buy them for there sound.
The problem is we are having a big debate my son hates the way my Uke feels ( I love it no problem HE NO PLAY IT) he likes wound strings I don't like his no big deal I am using Brown Worth strings. But only cause that is what came on it.
I would really like to hear what others are using and WHY

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  5:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I use the top 4 D'addario classical guitar strings on my tenor, Hilo strings on my Kamaka and Sunny D, and worths on my Dad's uke. I would change them all to Worths, but I am lazy.

I prefer the highest tension possible (not that any of them are that high compared to a guitar). I also prefer the Worth Clears to the Browns, although the browns look kinda cool.

Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  11:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Thanks for your input I just ordered the Clear Worths I did not get the hard clear maybe next time experementation is fun. It will be interesting to see the difference. I also ordered them for my Flea and Fluke can not wait to see if that is what I am looking for in the sound.
Thanks again.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  10:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
On Flukes and Fleas, Nancy, my preference is the Aquilas (non-wound). Those instruments seem to especially benefit from that brand of string. Not that the Clear Worths won't sound pretty darn fine, too. A lot of it is about what sound you're looking to emphasize/hear. If the Clear Worths don't do it for you, give the Aquilas a try (plus I like the "feel" of the Aquilas).

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
thanks tonya should have thought to just ask you in the first place. But I was just so busy practicing :-)

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000