Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Help me identify this song
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  04:37:38 AM  Show Profile
I am reading a fiction book called Keiki by Jan Tissot. It is a story set on Moloka`i and has to do with a big land development corporation evicting old plantation town tenants and developing the land into a "bedroom" community of high priced homes for executives from other islands.

Anyhow, there are references to a couple of songs in this book, but I do not recognize if they are real or not. Perhaps someone knows if these have anything to do with real songs:

Kamali`i makou o Kualapu`u about paniolo and the sound their lasso made when roping the pipi.

Also, there are references to mele about these topics, but it does not elaborate further:
1. About a chief made love in Hina's cave
2. About the Phallic Rock how Nanahoa leered at one wahine, got so stiff his male appendage turned to stone.

Thanks for helping me figure of there is any reality to what is written in this book or if it is prely fiction. (It is a good read none the less).

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  2:50:19 PM  Show Profile
For Nanahoa check this site as a start http://www.hawaiiweb.com/molokai/html/sites/phallic_rock.html .

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  10:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, there may be part of that story that is not fiction...

There is a plan by a corporation on Molokai to build a high priced home community, and plenty of folks are protesting that. The thought of Molokai being a bedroom community for the rich seems not to appeal to the local population.

Julie

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000