Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Ka Po'e Hawai'i ma Seattle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  06:58:40 AM  Show Profile
E heluhelu 'oe i ka nupepa, e 'olu'olu 'oe!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2003940756_hawaiian11.html

BTW Andy, TPatch is included as a link in this article (on the website, click the 'Taste of the Islands' link.

Puna

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
What a wonderful feature!

I spoke at length with the reporter a couple weeks ago as she was researching this story, along with several follow-up e-mails to give her additional information and answer further questions. (She e-mailed me yesterday to say that none of my quotes made it into the story, but that she used a number of my contacts and ideas for additional research.)

I told her about the Nisqually and Kalama connections, about our regular kanikapila in Bellevue and Kona Kitchen (and how we use TP to connect), as well as a buncha other stuff that didn't fit. Ms. Liu is a relatively recent transplant to Seattle, but her boyfriend is from Hawai`i - and it was through his beginning explorations into the Hawaiian community in the area that she got the story idea.
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:33:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Greg - I wondered if she had spoken with you.

E Andy - looks like Greg is helping to promote Taropatch. Maybe you should give him a free membership or something ;-)

Puna
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:49:19 AM  Show Profile
Puna - thanks for sharing this article with us.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Big mahalos, Gregg. And to Puna too for sharing the link!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000