Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Teresa Bright Song
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  05:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics (or even a recording) of the song "Catching a Wave" (I think that is what it is called)

Thanks in advance.

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  06:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Bill Wynne has played it on his podcast (the version she recorded with Steve Mai`i.) Just curious, is that the same song that Hema Pa`a did on their album from a couple of years ago, "Two Voices, One Heart"?
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  07:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Bill Wynne has played it on his podcast (the version she recorded with Steve Mai`i.) Just curious, is that the same song that Hema Pa`a did on their album from a couple of years ago, "Two Voices, One Heart"?

Yes, and the same tune that Mike Kaawa opens his new live CD with.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:29:39 AM  Show Profile
"Bill Wynne has played it on his podcast ..."

Where can I find that online?
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  07:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by studentaccount1

"Bill Wynne has played it on his podcast ..."

Where can I find that online?

Regrettably, it is no longer by definition a "podcast." It is a streaming radio show and that episode aired several weeks ago now.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  3:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Huuuuuuiiiiiii,

E kala mai no. I should remember, and I don't off the top of my head. What time does the show start on Sundays? Isn't it 12:30 PM?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  02:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Aww.. no archived episodes? :(
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  03:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Huuuuuuiiiiiii,

E kala mai no. I should remember, and I don't off the top of my head. What time does the show start on Sundays? Isn't it 12:30 PM?

It was. Please see announcement of new time under "Performance/Event Announcements/Reviews."

Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  03:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by studentaccount1

Aww.. no archived episodes? :(

Regrettably, no. There is an additional expense to that service that the station is not undertaking at this time.

And, besides, every show is going to get heard again eventually. I call those "reruns."

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  07:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hwnmusiclives

And, besides, every show is going to get heard again eventually. I call those "reruns."
No, no, Bill. In radio, we called 'em "encore presentations."

Thanks for the new time info - keep up the fantastic work (and I can tell - you put a LOT of work into these!)
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  4:32:01 PM  Show Profile
You guys wouldn't have the lyrics by any chance?
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  10:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
I did a google to try and find the lyrics but they're not anywhere. I wonder if they're in the liner notes on the insert or album? Somebody should have the album. I don't.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  03:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LovinLK

I did a google to try and find the lyrics but they're not anywhere. I wonder if they're in the liner notes on the insert or album? Somebody should have the album. I don't.

I have all of the aforementioned albums - Steve and Teresa, Hema Pa`a, and Mike Kaawa - and the lyrics do not appear on any of them.

Even if they did, just a friendly reminder that posting them on this public forum would violate applicale copyright laws.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000