Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Lessons with Ozzie Kotani
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have info as far as how to take lessons with Ozzie Kotani or even if he is taking new students?

Thanks in advance.

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  6:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Where are you? He lives in Honolulu and has a full-time job, but does give lessons and classes. He's wonderful!
Have you gotten his book or his new DVD?
n
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  04:14:02 AM  Show Profile
I will be back home on Oahu in 2 weeks and was hoping I could take lessons in person. Does anyone have contact info or a link to some? Thanks :)
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Anyone? *bump*
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  8:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
You should be able to reach Ozzie at http://www.slack-key.net/contactus.html. Let me know if you do not have any luck.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  04:02:30 AM  Show Profile
Awesome.. Thanks Admin. I will try that :)
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile
I have had a few lessons with Ozzie when I was on Oahu. He lives near the Punchbowl, works full time, and has a performance schedule. You will have to be willing to meet his schedule. Lessons with him are awesome and well worth the small cost. Each time I have walked away with something specific to work on to make my playing better. Be prepared to play something for him to adjust his teaching to your current level. I believe he is in the phone book. If that doesn't work, sedn me an email and I'll give you the contact information I have.

Another excellent teacher that posts on Taropatch is Peter Medeiros. He lives in Kaneohe. I am still working from his books and audio notes I recorded from lessons. What a treasure trove of knowledge and music. You can reach him at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (Music Department).

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000