Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 C-A-T Popoki Spells Cat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  06:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know of a source for the lyrics to this song? We have it on Martin Pahinui's Ho`olohe CD, but no lyrics, alas.

I have a great picture of Paul playing the banjo `uke with our beloved popoki, Oni`oni sitting on him, listening with rapt attention.

Thanks for your help.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Does anyone know of a source for the lyrics to this song? We have it on Martin Pahinui's Ho`olohe CD, but no lyrics, alas.

I have a great picture of Paul playing the banjo `ukewith our beloved popoki, Oni`oni sitting on him, listening with rapt attention.

Thanks for your help.

You can find these in the liner notes of Willie K.'s Awihilima CD. If you don't own it, invest in it. It is my favorite Willie K. CD.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile
I learned a version of this song (similar, but not identical lyrics) back in 1974, and I think it was an old song then. I'll scan and send you the lyrics that I have from my fourth grade song book.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  09:38:38 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Willie K.'s Awihilima CD.
My favorite Willie K. CD, too!

He shows he can do the traditional stuff most excellently on this disc, his version of "Meleana E" here is to die for.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 10/16/2007 09:39:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  12:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yeah. I love the way he does "Meleana E", besides which that is my baby's name (Marianne). Can't wait until Barefoot Natives' newest comes out.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  4:27:53 PM  Show Profile
I know what Oni- Oni was thinking when that picture was taken. "If those are gut strings, I'll scratch his eyes out!"
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  5:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Nuh-uh. She just loves Paul whether he will admit it or not (and he loves her, right, honey?)

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000