Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Nathan Aweau & Herb Ohta, Jr. CD Release Tour
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful pictures, Momi. I am glad you guys enjoyed the show. Lucky you are.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:11:10 AM  Show Profile
This is the first time I have tried posting photos so I hope it comes out right.

These are some that we took during Nathan Aweau and Herb Ohta, Jr's interview this last Sunday at the Radio Station KAPU-lp 104.7 FM in Watsonville, Ca. Helping to promote their 5 city West Coast CD release tour. You can also listen to the interview by going to the website www.kapu.org

Herb and Nathan in studio

Herb playing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

The serious side of Herb Ohta, Jr.

The serious side of Nathan Aweau.

Herb, DJ Patrick (Hawaiian AT Heart), Myself (Kaukini Norm), Nathan,

Susie Kagami

Finally, learned how to get them the right size!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 11/09/2007 05:17:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  1:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Braddah Ed,
Mahalo, for the help. As I said, I'm new at posting photos. Thanks for explaining what I did wrong. I found out later about how to size them correctly. So hopefully I'll do a better job next time. It's really nice of you to take the time to help me out. Gotta keep learnin' about this ol' information superhighway stuff.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  6:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Norman,

You got it. And you figured out the sizing of photos before I could answer. Sounds like you are well on your way. Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you all had fun at the station. Glad that we could listen and look at the pics at the same time.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  02:27:02 AM  Show Profile
Many thanks to Susie Kagami for bringing these two together and working so hard to put together their tour. The show was unique and delightful; lots of fun, and fantastic music. Nathan pulled the audience in as he shared his versatility in music, and the shear enjoyment he has of it. I imagine everyone here has full appreciation of Herb's amazing ability to bring so much music out of his ukulele. It is really sweet - - hard to put into words how truly special the range of music he plays - - it is just unbounded, if you know what I mean.
And even though I didn't win one, a big thank you to Doug Katsumoto from Design Source for donating 2 gorgeous Koaloha ukuleles. The fine instruments were won by folks who will treasure them and use them to delight others.
I don't know if the theater was actually sold out, but certainly it was close to it. There is a huge contingency of ukulele players who meet Wednesday nights down in that area and I think most all of them showed up. Also, for me it was good to see the SCSKS folks who've helped me so much. Rik got me started with hands-on slack key, and then before the concert patiently worked to fix some of the details that I hadn't grasped while first learning some of the skills unique to slack key.
There's nothing like the intimate setting of a live concert of favorite music to fill a person with shear joy.
And it's off to Pahala in 2 weeks - - -
mahalo nui loa.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000