Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Kona Mix Plate Surprise
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  07:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
No, I didn't find a rat head in the Kalua Pork. haha

The wife and I walked into Kona Mix Plate (Bend Oregon) on Thursday and were very surprised to see Mike Keale having lunch with his brother Bill. I have lunch with Bill just about every week at the restaraunt and he hadn't mentioned that Mike would be coming. Apparently he was visiting some folks in the Sacramento area and decided to take advantage of some studio time here in Bend to lay down some tracks for his debut CD. I'm so happy for him that he is recording. He has seen what Bill and Walt have accomplished and with Bill's help and encouragement has decided it's time for him too.

He performed Iz's "Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World" at the Luau this summer and recieved a standing ovation for his performance...and deservedly so, it was just amazing, chicken skin all around...just him and his uke...800 people standing and applauding him...an amazing moment. With Bill colaborating on this CD it's bound to be something special.

What a talented pair and more importantly what a couple of loving and caring individuals. I'd only met Mike at this summers luau, but when he saw me come in the restaraunt, he jumped up and gave me a big hug like I was long lost family. These guys are very special!

I'll keep you all posted on the progress of Mike's CD.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Edited by - Podagee57 on 10/20/2007 07:43:36 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000