Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Peggy Chun- The Watercolor Cat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  08:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Hi -

Many of you may know Peggy Chun -- the wonderful artist who was the original inspiration for the Aloha Camp. Peggy has been battleing ALS for some time now, and she remains a source of inspiration.

Peggy has a new book out called "The Watercolor Cat," with reproductions of her delightful artwork.

You can get it at Amazon: The Watercolor Cat

I know what I want for Christmas!

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  08:47:12 AM  Show Profile
I can put that on my wish list to Santa, as well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  05:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Santa was very good to me. He brought me this book. I had both my girls read it as well. Very touching. It amazes me at the strength of the human spirit. What a wonderful story and beautiful art.

What a lady she is!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  06:25:03 AM  Show Profile
I got this for Christmas as well. As well as being beautifully illustrated (painted?), it was a reminder to me of what's really important in life.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Mark,

Mahalo. I didn't catch this one the first time around. I took her class at AMC and came home with a couple of her pieces that hang proudly in my house. I'll go grab the book.

Everyone, please support her work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by `Ilio Nui

I didn't catch this one the first time around. I took her class at AMC and came home with a couple of her pieces that hang proudly in my house.
Ditto. I missed this post and came home from AMC with some of Peggy's prints. Big fans of Peggy too.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Many of you may know Peggy Chun -- the wonderful artist who was the original inspiration for the Aloha Camp...

We really like her work, and have several of her prints from our time living on O'ahu. I had not heard before, though, about her being the inspiration for AMC. I'd be very interested in hearing more about that.

Ben

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000