Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ledward Kaapana & Mike Kaawa coming to Seattle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
from the folks at KBCS-FM, home to "Hawai`i Radio Connection" ---

THE ALOHA SPIRIT IN SEATTLE! LED KAAPANA, SLACK KEY GUITAR MASTER IN CONCERT FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2008, 8:00PM

KBCS 91.3FM is pleased to present Led Kaapana in an evening of authentic Hawaiian guitar music on Friday night, February 8, 2008 at the Town Hall Seattle. Showtime is 8:00pm. Opening the show is Mike Kaawa, whose easy-going stage manner, rich voice and unique 12-string guitar picking is known throughout the Hawaiian Islands.

The year 2008 marks Led Kaapana's forty-fifth year as a professional musician. In that time, Led's hard work and easy-going attitude has earned him a reputation as one of Hawai'i's most beloved traditional musicians. A master of ki ho'alu (slack key guitar), Led is also accomplished on 'ukulele, autoharp, bass, steel guitar and other plucked string instruments. He plays the slack key guitar in at least eight tunings, several of which are Kaapana family secrets. He is a fine, emotional singer as well, in both baritone and leo ki'eki'e (falsetto). Perhaps most importantly, Led blends his virtuosity with an infectious joy for performing, a generous spirit and a kolohe (rascally) sense of humor. This makes him not only a pleasure to hear, but also good fun to be around.

Tickets are $15 general admission; KBCS members receive a $3 discount when ordering tickets online. For more information phone 425-564-2418. Tickets will be available online soon.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000