Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Santa Arrives Early
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  08:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
My husband knows how frustrating it has been for me to play and learn the Ukulele with no one in my are to share with. I have met one other person but she spends most of the year in Hawaii and only a few months here. So when she returned for the Holidays and we started getting together to play agin Santa arrived with my present at the same time. Seems he had found my list and gotten me the ZOOM H2 everyone was talking about. I wanted to tell you how easy it is to use even for someone who has no idea what they are doing. I had no idea how easy and useful this little thing would be. Everyone that talked about is such an accomplished player or recoring artist I was a little intimadated about ordering it. It is great. Now when we get together I record it then I have something to practice with later. I am not always happy with how I sound but I can hear the improvement sometimes. I can not wait to use it in Hawaii. I will come home with a computer full of samples for hoew my songs in my song book are supposed to sound YEA! WOW this sounds like an infomercial sorry

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  1:51:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you like yours. I got one originally to record some music to play for someone in the hospital and it works great. Like you say.....it's really easy to use too, which makes it doubly nice.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  07:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
This little recorder is having a big impact on all the guitar discussion sites I visit. I had to get one to see what all the fuss is about, and I'm glad I did. In case you're wondering if _you_ should get one, I posted a little evaluation on my "Homebrewed Music" blog at http://www.fxguidry.com/pblog/index.php?entry=entry071201-161322

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  10:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Wow Fran, there's lots of interesting stuff on there. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait until I have a little time to browse through all that info.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, Fran showed us his new toy after today's Cowtown Kanikapila and explained everything about it. Must say it sounds pretty impressive, especially for its little size...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  8:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Fran, I have the H4 already so I'm not in the market for another recorder, but thanks to your site I ordered a set of Naiant MSH-1X mics for myself for Christmas. I've been looking for mics of this size for a while and was just about to spend four times as much for something else until I heard your samples. Thanks!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Craig, the MSH-1X is a new item to me, it looks like it would do the job that I'm doing with my DPA 4061s, and at a much much lower cost.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  09:42:42 AM  Show Profile
I am getting the MSH-1 for a christmass stocking stuffer. It is certainly an inexpensive way to try an omni.
I wonder if Naiant is seeing a little spike in sales :)
Thanks Fran

Bob

Edited by - RWD on 12/10/2007 09:44:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000