Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Tabs for "I'll Remember You" by Kui Lee
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lintylynn
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  08:04:36 AM  Show Profile
I just purchased a coulpe CD's from Jeff Peterson (who is touring with Dennis Kamakahi) after a beginning slack key lesson. On his first CD was the song "I'll Remember You", played on a classical guitar. It was wonderful! I would like to learn how to play it. Are there any tabulature versions of this song available anywhere? If so, please let me know.
Mahalo,
-Lynn

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  11:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Lynn,
Go to Jeff's website and send him an email. He has handed out easy tablature for some of the songs he teaches at his workshops. It would be best to get it from him. Our policy on this web site is to help you learn a song without depriving the artists of their respectful compensation that may be derived from selling tablature -- many of the artists that sign in to this web site will help you with tablature if you ask them directly. Jeff is a terrific teacher and a real gentleman.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

lintylynn
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  04:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Mika ele,
I did that before posting this request and have offered to pay for it, as I would for anyone answering this post. I think Jeff is still touring right now and don't expect a response for some time.
-Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Mika'ele and others -

You suggested that Lynn ask Jeff Peterson for the tab. I was wondering - can he give it? On one hand, the song undoubtedly doesn't belong to him. On the other, I suppose he got proper permission from whoever does own it to perform it on his CD. Does that give him the right to distribute tab of his version?

This is not just an academic question. I have worked out John Keawe's version of it. Could I give it to Lynn if she got his permission (which doubtless he would give her)? Or would she also have to get permission from whoever (whomever?) owns the song?

Anyone out there in the Patch know the answer?

Mark E
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Too bad no one has responded to this. I was interested in hearing peoples' thoughts about these questions.

Mark E
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  04:31:29 AM  Show Profile
Mark,
In this case, she was asking specifically for Jeff Peterson's arrangement and the tablature for that arrangement. I assume since Jeff recorded this arrangement, that he has permission from the copyright holder or is paying a license fee to the Kui Lee estate (whatever). In any case, even if I had the tablature from Jeff, it would not be pono for me to give it to her without Jeff's permission. Besides, Andy has stated that taropatch is not about a "tab trading house".

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000