Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Get a deal on Slack Tracks
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  10:01:15 AM  Show Profile
For a variety of reasons, Don and I are closing out our stock of Slack Tracks CDs. We have 12 full sets (3-CDs) remaining that we're offering for $40. This includes shipping. DON'T GO TO THE SLACK TRACKS WEBSITE. INSTEAD, SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED AND I'LL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS ON GETTING A SET. Thanks to all of you you who ordered one of more of the CDs. For a description of Slack Tracks, click go to http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3417

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  12:53:11 PM  Show Profile
All 12 are sold or on hold. Thanks to everyone

Edited by - chunky monkey on 04/12/2008 05:49:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  1:49:29 PM  Show Profile
If you don't dive on this, you don't care about ki ho`lu. Yeah, I am a hardcase, but I know what good is.

This set is absolutely unique and you may never see its like again.

Dive on it.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  2:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Reid

If you don't dive on this, you don't care about ki ho`lu. Yeah, I am a hardcase, but I know what good is.

This set is absolutely unique and you may never see its like again.

Dive on it.

...Reid

What he said, except replace "dive" with "jump" jus' so I can be different.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
DITTO

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  01:15:05 AM  Show Profile
Until this thread I had no idea that such a thing existed. What an excellent idea! Specially for someone like me who doesn't have anyone locally to learn from/play with.

ChunkyMonkey did you get my address that I e-mailed you? Postage to the UK (where I live) will be a bit extra, but I'm quite happy to pay it!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  01:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Patrick Landeza is a most excellent and effective instructor. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  03:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Wanda, what you said is certainly true. But, the thing that makes Slack Tracks so unique and powerful is its conceptual organization. Since we are *all* so thin on the ground, there is virtually nobody who wouldn't benefit from this. Yes, Patrick plays on the discs and arranged the songs, but it is Don's and Terry's breakthrough ideas that are the didactic drivers. They are the true excellent and effective instructors because of their inspiration - taking nothing away from Patrick, BTW. The tab and musical notation are helpfully different, also.

I was always amazed that Slack Tracks didn't sell faster than they did - maybe, even with the reviews, people didn't understand what Slack Tracks did, or could do, for them. Pity. I was also always amazed that Don and Terry worked so hard, and spent so much time and money and brain power, on something that could only be called a labor of love. It sure wasn't a business venture for them. I am proud to call them friends.

...Reid

Edited by - Reid on 04/10/2008 03:30:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  03:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:

I was always amazed that Slack Tracks didn't sell faster than they did - maybe, even with the reviews, people didn't understand what Slack Tracks did, or could do, for them. Pity. I was also always amazed that Don and Terry worked so hard, and spent so much time and money and brain power, on something that could only be called a labor of love. It sure wasn't a business venture for them. I am proud to call them friends.

...Reid

Well said, Reid. I agree.

There are similar products for other genres (blues comes to mind), but this is the only product that provides backing tracks for a slack key repertoire.

There are many ways to learn. One can learn from tab. One can learn from a friend. Slack Tracks can add another dimension by allowing you to play along with a group in the comfort of your own home.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  06:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
I was very pleased that I purchased the full "Slack Tracks" set years ago - and I don't even play guitar. It's a great project, from concept to execution. Snap 'em up!
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  06:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the kind words. For anyone who doesn't get one of these final physical copies, we do have everything in electronic format and can send individual tracks (and tab) via email. This has been one of the "official" Slack Tracks website options. We're covered from a legal standpoint (we have the copywrite and royalties issues covered). So if you missed out, let me know and we'll work out some other arrangements. Don will eventually take down the website.
Go to Top of Page

Tetapu
Akahai

China
98 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  1:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tetapu's Homepage  Click to see Tetapu's MSN Messenger address  Send Tetapu a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

Thanks for all the kind words. For anyone who doesn't get one of these final physical copies, we do have everything in electronic format and can send individual tracks (and tab) via email. This has been one of the "official" Slack Tracks website options. We're covered from a legal standpoint (we have the copywrite and royalties issues covered). So if you missed out, let me know and we'll work out some other arrangements. Don will eventually take down the website.

hey, Im interested in the Slack tracks download.. I live in China, so just a good MP3 and a tab chart would be perfect for me... can u send me an email at aloha.com @ gmail.com with some information about how to get them? thanks.. or just reply here.. is the whole sets available? how many MB is each track or set? is there a place to download them or do u just email them in a .zip file attachment or something?

anyways, i hope its still available, thanks for the info

Na Ke Akua E Malama Kakou
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Troll Alert.
Go to Top of Page

Tetapu
Akahai

China
98 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  2:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tetapu's Homepage  Click to see Tetapu's MSN Messenger address  Send Tetapu a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Troll Alert.

i dont think you know what a troll is...

a troll is something that is posted in hopes of getting a negative response, or draw someone into a flame war...

your posts seem to be along those lines..

By "troll alert" were you referrin to your two-worded post?

please, stop replying your rubbish to my posts.. ummm.. thanks ADMIN, or MOD... can u tell ried to stop bothering me. he seems very bent on making every thread go " nowhere but downhill"

or.. is his posting really relevant and have some profound insight I dont get...

Na Ke Akua E Malama Kakou
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  05:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Good grief, I feel like I'm dealing with my kids. Reid, this guy may be opinionated but he's posted two legitimate, constructive posts that you've slammed for no legitimate reason. Cut him some slack (pun intended). Tetapu, you stirred the pot with the tone of your original post regarding haoles and slack key, whether you intended to or not, and you need to give people a chance to calm down as you continue to contribute more constructively. A little aloha goes a long way, both of you. Now go outside and play.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 04/11/2008 10:03:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  06:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Kawika,
I sent you an email
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page