Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Keonepax on You Tube
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  2:53:05 PM  Show Profile
I would like to call your attention to a bunch of great film making, `ukulele playing and singing by a gentleman named John, originally from Hawai`i, now living in Japan. Here is the link to his You Tube pages. Try listen and look at his `ukulele songs. They are great! Paul has had a good time playing rythm guitar for him. Ha-ha.

See for yourself: http://youtube.com/user/keonepax

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

keonepax
Aloha

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  9:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I just joined Taro Patch. Mahalo to Wanda for telling me about this website and inviting me to join. I'm looking forward to being a regular visitor.

Posting videos on YouTube has been a hobby for me for a couple years now. It's a great creative outlet. I recently compiled bits of my videos into a compilation video. I hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIsJ2oq16M

aloha,

John
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  12:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Eh, John! Welcome to Taro Patch. E komo mai. Actually don't you feel creeped out that we've been watching you for a while now and you did not know about Taro Patch? Ahdunno, seems like some kind of weird voyeurism, no? Ah, but enjoying your music, now that has nothing weird about it. We are very happy you have shared with us. I love the Obla Di, and the bass is just great.

Come talk story about how you ended up in Japana and what you do there and what you did in Hawai`i and where you wen grad and when and all the stuff which this niele auntie likes to know about her hanai newphews. Like do you have a wife, any chirren, what else you play besides `ukulele, what is life like in Japan; hacome so many folks in Japan like Hawaiian music and hula.

But more over, as I said, welcome to Taro Patch.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

keonepax
Aloha

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  01:31:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Wanda! Thanks for the nice comment about "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da." My Japanese friend, the bass player, is busy these days, but I'm gonna try to get him to make another video with me. He can really play that bass!
I graduated from Farrington High School (class of '74) and UH. Was a high school teacher for a few years at Waimea High School (on Kauai) in the early '80s. Married a Japanese woman, and that's what brought me to Japan. Got two boys... one just grad from UH and other is going to the University of Kansas. UH and KU were the last two undefeated football teams in the country for a while last year... that was exciting!
Anyways, regarding music, I love all kinds, but Hawaiian music has a special place in my heart.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Come talk story about how you ended up in Japana and what you do there and what you did in Hawai`i and where you wen grad and when and all the stuff which this niele auntie likes to know about her hanai newphews. Like do you have a wife, any chirren, what else you play besides `ukulele, what is life like in Japan; hacome so many folks in Japan like Hawaiian music and hula.
Eh Ma, you forgot to ax him about his blood type and last colonoscopy check.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  10:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Ed - you are right. John - c'mon tell Auntie. Oh, and don't forget the prostate thing, too. I did preface my questions with the fact that I am niele. So at least I found out he has a wife and is too old for either of my daughters. But, maybe one of his sons. . . . . I mean, one never knows when High School Musical On Ice may make it to Japan. They are just back from Brazil and heading to Panama in a couple of weeks.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000