Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Software for tabbing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  12:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
I am trying to connect the midi to my system to be able to input from the electric key board side, well gee, it is almost like one needs a class on setting everything up to execute.

An inexpensive USB MIDI interface will let you input directly from your keyboard into just about any scoring software.

Here's a bunch from online retailer Sweetwater:
http://www.sweetwater.com/c680--MIDI_Interface_Accessories

All you need to do is take the MIDI OUT from the keyboard into the MIDI IN on the interface. You can "proof" the TAB by having the software play it back through the synth if you use a second cable from the interface OUT to the keyboard IN.

Here's a tutorial:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_get_started_with_midi.html

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  2:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by RichM

Anyone know of a version of program for less $ that one can scan and then convert to tab with the feature of midi input too? Anything out there that connects to the input of an amp system that can pick up the signal to tab to as well?

If you have any connections to someone in education (student, faculty, alumni in some cases) then chances are you can pick up Sibelius for the academic price of $250. But if you're just using it for guitar then get G7 Kontakt Edition, which will also scan sheet music and can be bought online at Amazon.com for $80 shipped.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 11/11/2008 2:08:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

RichM
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  6:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit RichM's Homepage
Lots to reply to. The hard on the eye part is being sure one has the right line when inputing notes etc with MusEdit. The window you work in on the sample page is way too small to give a comprehensive test thus putting a strain on nearly 60 year old eyes.

The dead prez's are on the bills that have the 1 with the 2 0's afterwards....hundreds as in 6 - 100's expensive.

I have the midi interface already set up, it is getting the system to now interface with the sample program MusEdit. The MuseEdit starts when you hit the start tab on the

computrer screen, not when one plays the first note from the midi. Not being able to be on top of the computer screen with the program on the monitor and looking at the keyboard, just is not syncing, it is more like stinking.

Will work on this more this weekend to see if I can get more frustrated.
Thanks for the link on the USB floppy drives, those are inexpensive enough to do the job!

Rich

Music and Ridin'

Edited by - RichM on 11/13/2008 6:39:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000