Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 High Price of Beer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  04:07:43 AM  Show Profile
On the subject (sorry, Poi Dog!)the danger of "Lase" (lava haze, from the steam where the lava hits the ocean)is way overblown. I have stood many times in Lase so thick you couldn't see your feet- it is just water vapor. Kind of cleans out the lungs, if anything. There is plenty of nasty stuff coming out of the vents, windows, and cracks on the lava fields, but hot lava hitting the ocean is not part of the problem. I am very chlorine sensitive, after damaging my lungs using bleach to kill mold in a basement with no ventilation- I can't even stand to wear bleached clothes. If the lava was converting salt to chlorine gas as they claim, I would be the first to notice. But I go stand in a cloud of steam next to the lava flow as it goes into the ocean, breath deep, and feel fine.

Chris

Edit: Can't figure out how to post a photo...

Edited by - ypochris on 05/16/2008 04:12:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  08:06:09 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Edit: Can't figure out how to post a photo...

img tags...It's on the format menu line (above)...little peekcha

Hilo Bay

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  08:34:07 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how much VOG it takes to get sick, but if I can't get no Longboard Lager, that would make me sad.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  09:22:40 AM  Show Profile
One time we went to Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch & Crab. Da ono!

Anyhow, there is a brewery right there and Sam Choy makes his own beers. They have a sampler of 6 different beers so you can taste them all. I woulda thought maybe shot glass size. Not at Sam Choy's. Had to be at least 6 or 7 oz. each times 6 different kinds. I do not like beer. Paul does (even makes is own sometimes). I think by time he got done there, his ears were kinda warm and his face was flushed. I think maybe he mighta perhaps coulda felt the effects of the alcohol. While I felt the effects of the guava cream pie.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  09:24:21 AM  Show Profile
By the way, when we go Sam Choy's from Waikiki, we have taken the Hilo Hattie trolley, shopped a bit at Hilo Hatties then walked over to Sam Choy's from there - right around the corner. PS: If you ever get the macadamia pancakes, only get one order for two people. LARGE servings there.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  11:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Nevah trust one skinny cook.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  12:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Wow dis post is like one bad nightmare run on paragraph. What da hell is going on hea!!! Get VOG Sam Choy Poi Dog grumbling about da wifes..... This one wen buckaloose. Its OK to start one new post you know. I came into the recent postings and found myself saying "what was da topic on dis one??????"

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  12:48:11 PM  Show Profile
Why is it the women are better looking at closing time?

hmmm...... dx/db=da babe (x=ex, b=beer) . . i hated calculus anyway

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile
"img tags...It's on the format menu line (above)...little peekcha"

Afraid I am computer unsavy- does the picture have to be online somewhere first, or is there a way to copy it from my files?

Thanks,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
"Wow dis post is like one bad nightmare run on paragraph"

Das wha we call "talk story"... any kine good!
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  12:55:41 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Why is it the women are better looking at closing time?

hmmm...... dx/db=da babe (x=ex, b=beer) . . i hated calculus anyway

Da beeah goggles ste fog up!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  1:13:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:

"img tags...It's on the format menu line (above)...little peekcha"

Afraid I am computer unsavy- does the picture have to be online somewhere first, or is there a way to copy it from my files?

Thanks,

Chris

Bra...I didn't check to be sure with this forum (taropatch), but most require that the photo you want to post reside somewhere else on the internet, not in your personal file(s) on your own PC. Somewhere out there in the internet, when you find the photo you want to borrow, right-click the image with your mouse. When the properties tab comes up, there will be a address tag (URL). Left-click anc hold the entire address, including the file extension. Copy the entire address, then, go back to this Post New Reply window at Taropatch and click the little pic...the 11th menu-tab from the left. That will open the img tab... in the space between the [ img ](here)[ /img ], paste your file. I had to put spaces in my example, 'cause the site formatting kept looking for a picture.

Oops...if you have your personal photos hosted somewhere, (photobucket, etc) you can link the images the same way.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 05/16/2008 1:20:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  1:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Too bad- have some great shots of standing in the steam cloud where the lava hits the ocean to illustrate my above post, but since it is not on the web you will have to just imagine hot lava, boiling water, and some nut case standing next to it all, disappearing into a cloud of hot steam...
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Too bad- have some great shots of standing in the steam cloud where the lava hits the ocean to illustrate my above post, but since it is not on the web you will have to just imagine hot lava, boiling water, and some nut case standing next to it all, disappearing into a cloud of hot steam...
Yep too bad, because with just a little effort, you could be showing instead of typing.

Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  3:21:16 PM  Show Profile
Now you've asked for it! I going try um...

Here's the action:

Zooming in:

My nephew enjoys the heat, too:

And afterwards, my wife and I relax on the beach:

(Huntahs, how you stay like dat ivory I get? Some hard fo get em off!)

Edited by - ypochris on 05/16/2008 4:48:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000