Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 High Price of Beer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  3:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Chris - those are mighty spectacular pictures! Wow! Thanks for sharing them with us. Did it burn the hairs off your arms?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  3:55:21 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Now you've asked for it! I going try um...
Brah, you not only wen try um, you did awesome, and nevah take you long at all fo figure um out. Shaka pics indeed.

Now da only thing you might need to do is to bring da size of da photos down to TP's FAQ guideline size of around 680 pixels wide (your pics are 1024 pixels wide), and it's very easy to do from within Photobucket itself.

Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  4:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Sorry bout that- I meant to shrink them but I guess I got overexcited and forgot. Dat mo bettahs?

And Wanda, yes- it was almost too hot to stand in that second to last photo. Notice how flushed we both are. My wife is trying to smile but her eyes have that hurry up, I can't take this a moment longer, get me out of here look. Those last two shots are wide angle, so the lava is actually closer than it looks...

But the last shot was comfortable- a few minutes later, she fell asleep! Would have spent the night but I had to wake her up before the tide came back in-

Chris

Edited by - ypochris on 05/16/2008 4:50:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  4:58:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Dat mo bettahs?
Perfeck.

Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  5:04:13 PM  Show Profile
'Cept mo ono dey look when stay biggahs... no can see da full curl ivory now...

As if anyone notices with all that red stuff!
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  3:20:52 PM  Show Profile

YIKES!!...

...OUTSTANDING!!!

Cept maybe mo betta wid some demi-glaze, barbeque or basting sauce applied to specimens in foreground!

SPF factor 39 ain't gonna woik in dis case!!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile
Braddah ed,we was with dem from only about 9-1:30 a.m.Must have been before we got there,no wonder paul was quiet.I tink he wen catch one small pa-cock on da head,I goin make small mahaoe den I let you know.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  4:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Braddah ed,gone meet auntie dem at chai's fo beeyah and pupus tonite.Get makaha sons,can keep an eye on dem two.Shoots spock you latah.Oh yeah me and duke goin walk down,since duke no drink I get one designated walker.

Edited by - braddah jay on 05/20/2008 10:53:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  5:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Awesome photos, Braddah Chris! I've seen a bunch of lava flows on the Big Island since 1950. Even stood on the spot one hour before Kilauea Iki blew in 1960; dismatled our kapoho house in 1957 as the a'a clinked to it; and, tour driver at KMC in Feb 83 when Puu O'o started up. In fact, I tired trudge the trails so I no go, now. BUT, Brah, dis da best'ess.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  6:52:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

Braddah ed,gone meet auntie dem at chives fo beeyah and pupus tonite.Get makaha sons,can keep an eye on dem two.Shoots spock you latah.Oh yeah me and duke goin walk down,since duke no drink I get one designated walker.
HO braddah Jay, dat place is usually fo high rollers! You guys no fool around eh? Makaha Sons tonight, Na Palapalai tomorrow, Jerry Santos Thursday, Nathan Aweau Friday, Hapa Saturday, and Robi Kahakalau on Sunday. How you going ack?!

Eh, I knew me and braddah Duke had someting in common. We get beeg kine giri giris because us guys no drink.

Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Baritone,

Get some plenty cause my parents live Ophikau, and I like go when I stay visit. Dis jus da last trip.

Sounds like you have had some great experiences, and perhaps not so great. No one dismantles houses any more because the idiot insurance companies won't pay unless you let it burn. So now people just watch em burn and the insurance pays plenty. What they get for trying to be cheap when the first few houses went.

First time I made it to the red stuff was a little outbreak in I think 1978- my sister had caught a marlin and left my brother and I to pack it up while she took the car to see the lava- we hitch hiked down after but it was pretty much pau. So when Pu'u O'o went off in '83 we shot right over, but they kept you to a little cone behind Kane Nui 'o Hamo and you couldn't see much. Almost dark time the ranger figured there was no time for anyone to get any closer before dark, plus it was raining and we were dressed in shorts and tee shirts. As soon as she left we bolted across the lava and made it to a cone above the vent, where we gathered big piles of grass and burrowed into the middle- were quite dry and warm as we watched the fountaining until it stopped in the wee hours. Actually it was at the base of the cone and down the rift a bit but I don't think quite as far down as Pu'u O'o- of course it didn't have a name then, but I don't think it was at the "O" on the map Pu'u O'o was originally named for. But it made a pretty big cone that first night!

Well, on this subject I can go on forever (like water rights and real estate) but my wife says go to bed, so I'll have to save it for another day...
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile
HO braddah Jay, dat place is usually fo high rollers! You guys no fool around eh? Makaha Sons tonight, Na Palapalai tomorrow, Jerry Santos Thursday, Nathan Aweau Friday, Hapa Saturday, and Robi Kahakalau on Sunday. How you going ack?!

Eh, I knew me and braddah Duke had someting in common. We get beeg kine giri giris because us guys no drink.
Braddah ed you da best,no can go every night.25$ min per person,dats 3-six pack heineken.Only four beers if you sit there and watch the show,owee.Auntie dem wen behave,she wen like da pukinikini lei,my favorite.Duke came by later told his daughter,I bet uncle get slippahs,aye da buggah wen wear shoes.Come on now,tennis shoes with shorts and aloha shirt,now dats dress up cuz.Aloha my braddah from da rascal buggah.

Edited by - braddah jay on 05/20/2008 11:19:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  06:21:09 AM  Show Profile
When a man goes bald in front, it's from smacking his forhead too many times, saying "I can't believe I did that!" Back-of-the-head bald spot comes from his wife smacking him, when she says "I can't believe you did that!" Bald from both ends, you get the picture.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  06:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Bald only in the middle comes from being short and hanging with Benny Hill.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello

Edited by - rendesvous1840 on 06/01/2008 06:23:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  06:58:37 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

Bald only in the middle comes from being short and hanging with Benny Hill.
I miss dat crazy buggah and his midget.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000