Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Westboro vs Hawai`i
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  5:21:22 PM  Show Profile
HUH? Hea? Oh, well...Hea iz da schedule.

I dare 'um fo go out to Wai`anae and Waimanalo and give da hate talk about da local braddahs wen die in da war. Smart buggahs...Dey give HPD da schedule too.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 05/18/2008 5:36:29 PM

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  6:36:35 PM  Show Profile
What is all that cr*p? What am I missing?
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  6:51:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RJS

What is all that cr*p? What am I missing?

Besides being noisy with their anti-gay messages, they also, under the guise of freedom of religion find it righteous to picket the FUNERALS of our military people killed in the Middle East. They are targeting churches they feel are too lenient towards homosexuality as well as the US military. Here's their web http://www.westborobaptistchurch.com/ Sick, eh!

Dey need one ol fashion behin da chicken coop azz whippin...

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 05/18/2008 7:00:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  7:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
It's about 5-6 crazy people who do this. They trade on their celebrity from their obnoxious activities. Ignore them. They enjoy taunting people with their ridiculous signs and slogans. They will be judged.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  12:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I saw some of the Westboro Baptist church holding up signs at my church this morning. They got to be sick in the head for doing this.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:01:57 AM  Show Profile
What no picketing about police officers?You know why? gotta save there own okole,they not dumb.Too bad they not.I take that back,good they not dumb,could be very ugly.My pastor and friend once told me before you open up about your faith,remember that everyone has a right to choose what they believe in,and to respect that.He said that's the difference between sharing and debating.I never forgot what he said.About WBC too bad.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

KäneKïHö`alu
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Send KäneKïHö`alu an AOL message
The thing that gets me mad the most is how they can even have the conscience to stand right outside of military funerals with those kinds of signs while the family is mourning. Sick people, despicable. I am so glad that the local media did not even give them the time of day, which is what they were hoping for. I was impressed by the stance that New Hope Farrington church took when they went and protested there. They passed out ice cold water bottles to the protesters! True aloha spirit.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:21:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks filling me in.
Next time there's a military funeral, the church involved should get its congregants to fill up the sidewalks for at least 2 blocks around the church the night before so this scum wouldn't have a place to stand in sight of the family involved. This stuff ranks up there with "shouting fire in a theater - neither should be allowed under free speech. Glad local media didn't cover it.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  12:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by KäneKïHö`alu

The thing that gets me mad the most is how they can even have the conscience to stand right outside of military funerals with those kinds of signs while the family is mourning. Sick people, despicable. I am so glad that the local media did not even give them the time of day, which is what they were hoping for. I was impressed by the stance that New Hope Farrington church took when they went and protested there. They passed out ice cold water bottles to the protesters! True aloha spirit.

I am one of the members of New Hope Farrington and my pastor told us to show some aloha spirit towards them by passing out ice cold water bottles to the protesters bcause he didn't want them to faint in the hot sun.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  8:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Wow Pdog you're really stirring up the poop here eh?????

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  12:58:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

Wow Pdog you're really stirring up the poop here eh?????

Talking story is good,as long as you share and no argue.Unfortunately WBC could care less about offending anyone,in fact the more that take offense,the more their cause reaches others.Whats sad is,there's nothing positive about their actions.Their own children are being raised with their strong beliefs,which means there's more of this to come.Hapuna is right this topic stirs things up,but hopefully in a good way.Retro,Reid where you at?what no input?
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  06:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

Retro,Reid where you at?what no input?

No need - you folks are expressing it very eloquently.

Lucky we live in a land where even the lunatics at any fringe can express themselves; lucky we can also turn our backs on them, see them as examples of behavior to avoid, discuss the heck out of them, or even show them aloha (whether we feel they deserve it or not) - taking the high road and teaching them by our own example. Alana's pastor clearly knows how to do his/her job right, and I second sirduke58's kudos.
Go to Top of Page

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  07:17:10 AM  Show Profile
Eh, PoiDog, at first I couldn't figure out what your post was about because your link to the Crazies' schedule has them back in Kansas already. For anyone interested, here's a link to their last week's schedule in Hawaii.

Gotta admire Alana and her church. These folks have harassed us here, too, of course. Always thought the best reaction was same as for a kid having a tantrum: ignore and speak softly and eventually they'll probably get tired and stop for lack of attention.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  2:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Jay, my friend, no need to invoke me.

I've seen it all, at my age, done in the name of religion, or politics as religion, or religion as politics.

Ever seen SS tattoos forced on old ladies who just, just, survived Shoah - I have. Laos, Burma, SA, Nigeria, Namibia, Austria, my Taiji teacher in the "Cultural Revolution" of wonderful China of the Olympics, etc., etc.

You think the USA is any different? What about "Strange Fruit"? Japanese internment. Anti-Italian riots. Jews know how to breath under water, you know.

You Brown, stick around - just.

It never changes and you can wear yourself out doing anything about it and you can *never*, ever, count on the Gov`t or cops to protect you.

I have my own plans. In place.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  3:26:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Reid

Jay, my friend, no need to invoke me.

I've seen it all, at my age, done in the name of religion, or politics as religion, or religion as politics.

Ever seen SS tattoos forced on old ladies who just, just, survived Shoah - I have. Laos, Burma, SA, Nigeria, Namibia, Austria, my Taiji teacher in the "Cultural Revolution" of wonderful China of the Olympics, etc., etc.

You think the USA is any different? What about "Strange Fruit"? Japanese internment. Anti-Italian riots. Jews know how to breath under water, you know.

You Brown, stick around - just.

It never changes and you can wear yourself out doing anything about it and you can *never*, ever, count on the Gov`t or cops to protect you.

I have my own plans. In place.

...Reid

Invoke you? Just wanted to hear what you had to say about the topic that's all.Sometimes people have much to share with others,and sometimes people don't want to jump in.Me I like to learn from others,keeps me humble.But thanks for the brief lesson of your knowledge,and exploitations,did'nt realize you've seen it all.If only had one medal for every adventure and accomplishment.Bra you one four star general,so I salute you sir.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile
Actually, I am encouraged by this. As we went into the Iraq war, I stopped to say hello to an old friend- she and three other old ladies were discussing politics. One said "This reminds me so much of Germany just before World War Two- I sould know if anyone does, I barely escaped. I'm thinking it's time to leave the country."

Here is is five years later, and extremists are still able to mount these kinds of protests, with heavy social pressure but no government crackdown. Regardless of my feelings about what they have to say, I fully support their right to say it and am proud to be part of a country where it is able to happen. I am even more proud that my home state of Hawai'i has responded both through lack of media attention and aloha- so well exemplified by Alana's pastor. The greatest social accomplishment possible is when people can agree to disagree strongly and still treat each other kindly. Alana's church is an example for the entire world to admire.

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000