Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Just Something I Thought I'd Say to You Guys Pt 2
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha kakou,

Here's another question I'd like to pose, even if each one of us TPers thinks or feels differently about it.

On another Hawaiian board like this, someone wrote the following about Braddah Iz:

"I was in a record store once and they started playing Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World over the store sound system. The person standing next to me asked if I knew who sang this song, and without skipping a beat, I said it was Braddah Waz.

A local guy standing close heard what I said and ripped into me, making me out to be the lowest life form on the planet, and I should go back to the mainland.

Wow. It was just a joke.

Ever since then, I get mental flashbacks of that moment every time I hear a Braddah Iz song."

Should he/she have done this?

I think that jokes like that should be reserved for people that the person who is speaking knows. You never know if you'll offend a stranger when you're not meaning to.

And you guys?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 05/23/2008 2:13:24 PM

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Yes, you have to exercise some caution when you are making a joke. Even I use that one, but nobody yells at me. It's a matter of being politically correct. The guy was just looking for an excuse to get ugly. I get tired of the constant hype too -- I know Bradda Iz and I know Bradda Waz, you just gotto know which one you're going to be talking about. And then again you have to use some discretion when you are around people you don't know. These could easily become fighting words for some banana with a cause.

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

Aloha kakou,

Here's another question I'd like to pose, even if each one of us TPers thinks or feels differently about it.

On another Hawaiian board like this, someone wrote the following about Braddah Iz:

"I was in a record store once and they started playing Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World over the store sound system. The person standing next to me asked if I knew who sang this song, and without skipping a beat, I said it was Braddah Waz.

A local guy standing close heard what I said and ripped into me, making me out to be the lowest life form on the planet, and I should go back to the mainland.

Wow. It was just a joke.

Ever since then, I get mental flashbacks of that moment every time I hear a Braddah Iz song."

Should he/she have done this?

I think that jokes like that should be reserved for people that the person who is speaking knows. You never know if you'll offend a stranger when you're not meaning to.

And you guys?

Go to Top of Page

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  08:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Im not familiar with the Braddah Waz expression - please explain as I never like to missing the chance to offend someone with my "humor."
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  2:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Uh it was stupid. Unless you know everyone and how they will take your joke you should stick to playing it straight. Unless you like become bruddah waz!

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  2:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

Uh it was stupid. Unless you know everyone and how they will take your joke you should stick to playing it straight. Unless you like become bruddah waz!

Hehehe Hapuna!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  4:18:19 PM  Show Profile
An jes fo make shua...Braddah still IZ.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 05/24/2008 4:19:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  04:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by PoiDog

An jes fo make shua...Braddah still IZ.

'Ae.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page