Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 What ever happened to.../ Where are they now?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  05:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Pretty sure Ata Damasco and Akoni Malacas aren't closely related.

Ala Malacas is, however, the new Akoni Malacas. Please don't ask me to explain...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  06:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

Pretty sure Ata Damasco and Akoni Malacas aren't closely related.

Ala Malacas is, however, the new Akoni Malacas. Please don't ask me to explain...

Okayden Aunty, since you put it dat way, I not goin ask, but can you draw us some picchas?
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  06:46:41 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

Okayden Aunty, since you put it dat way, I not goin ask, but can you draw us some picchas?
Brah, I no tink Auntie need draw anyting. If I stay reading her right, I tink one eraser might be one bettah utensil fo dis operation. Please don't ax me fo explain...

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  06:52:46 AM  Show Profile
When we went to Native Books/Na Mea Hawai`i at Ward Warehouse, the lady there told us about a wahine that usta be a kane that sings good falsetto at Aku Bone or some other local club which she said is a gay bar. Not my words, and if it is politically incorrect, don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what someone said. I wonder if that is the same person?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  06:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Oh! I wen lern sometin nu. Tanks ah. I tink?
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  08:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

When we went to Native Books/Na Mea Hawai`i at Ward Warehouse, the lady there told us about a wahine that usta be a kane that sings good falsetto at Aku Bone or some other local club which she said is a gay bar. Not my words, and if it is politically incorrect, don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what someone said. I wonder if that is the same person?

Don't know if that story's specifically related to Ala Malacas - but there are others in the biz who have undergone similar transitions. Dunno 'bout "correctness," but who cares, if they are great musicians, yeah?
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  08:57:20 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

When we went to Native Books/Na Mea Hawai`i at Ward Warehouse, the lady there told us about a wahine that usta be a kane that sings good falsetto at Aku Bone or some other local club which she said is a gay bar.
Don't know if that story's specifically related to Ala Malacas - but there are others in the biz who have undergone similar transitions.
Fo real? Like who?

Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm only gonna listen to 'em, not pull sheets. Ms. Wanda don't like me to date other peoples, kane, wahine, or udderwise. "I don't know how we could ever get much sadder, she was bitten on the udder by an adder."
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Fo real? Like who?
Sorry - no can reveal - not even to you, my pal.
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  2:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
i see. i totally understand...regardless she does play some good chalangalang music. saw ala and her group the iwaiwa patch at take a walk in the country recently and thought wow, they sound like akoni and the old palapalai patch gang; who eventually became na palapalai. as if anyone is axing..lol.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  6:18:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 808robertr

saw ala and her group the iwaiwa patch at take a walk in the country recently and thought wow, they sound like akoni and the old palapalai patch gang
Brah, next time you see Ala, try go ax her if she knows who Akoni is.

Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Not sure, but your comment does strike of some sacarsm perhaps even contempt. not cool, nor appreciated but whatevers. you know the saying, an opinion is like an a-hole, everybody's got one..lol.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 808robertr

Not sure, but your comment does strike of some sacarsm perhaps even contempt. not cool, nor appreciated but whatevers. you know the saying, an opinion is like an a-hole, everybody's got one..lol.

Sarcasm and humor, yes. Contempt? A'ole. Where you got that idea from, I am also clueless. That's too bad. I made the mistake of thinking you had a sense of humor. My bad. It won't happen again. Moving on...

Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  5:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
whatevers...guffaw!
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  6:58:52 PM  Show Profile