Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Doug Fitch - Paradise on the Ocean
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  02:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Our Taro Patch braddah, Doug Fitch has released his CD, "Paradise on the Ocean". I am hoping within the next few days to get a copy of it and listen to the nahenahe music that Doug does so well. He is a student of Uncle Raymond Kane and you can hear that legacy in his music.

------------
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." -Frederic Chopin

Aloha Music Lovers,
I’m happy to announce the completion and availability of my first album, “Paradise On the Ocean” (cover art attached to this email). The album is a collection of 14 original acoustic songs (1 by my brother) about family, friends, and living in the Hawaiian Islands . Some songs reflect my background in the folk music of the Rocky Mountains while others, my love of Hawaiian slack key guitar.

I am honored to have my brother, Brad, appear on 4 tracks. He’ll be performing later this year at the Democratic National Convention and has also performed for current President Bush. Dr. Lisa Gomes, a psychologist and amazing fiddle player, appears on one of the “folky” tracks. Lisa has performed throughout Europe extensively and is a mainstay of the Hawaii Bluegrass scene. Mahalo also to producer/engineer Joey Wolpert of Elepani Productions. I benefitted from his decades of recording in L.A. while learning plenty from him about the recording process.

The album is available from me and very soon will be available at Borders, Sams Club, Barnes & Noble and other stores. The CD is also available through Digstation.com and CD Baby online stores. Digital downloads will be available through iTunes, Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, and many other digital outlets online. Ring tones of song clips will be available for cell phones too (strange but true!).

Soundclips: http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumID=ALB000020394

I hope you will enjoy this album. It is certainly a pleasure and a dream realized to bring it to life.

Aloha!
Doug Fitch

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  3:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, the mele man came to our house today. It was to our pleasure, that in addition to bringing the bill for cardiac rehab, he brought something else to soothe my heart. He brought Braddah Doug Fitch's newly released CD, Paradise on the Ocean. This CD consists entirely of Fitch brand original music, 13 of the 14 cuts are Doug's originals and one is written by his brother Brad. Not only is Doug an accomplished slack key guitarist and a great singer, but he is a very fine songwriter, as well.

The disc opens with a very beautiful and touching song, Love for a Lifetime. Doug says it was inspired by the military families with whom he works, and the strain of their sacrifices and physical separation. Flowers 'Cross the Sea is written for his daughter, Violet, who was adopted from China. It is a very poetic description of a little girl's delicate strength and the faith required to wait for her. Always Love is a rollicking, folksy tune inspired by working crazy long hours and sleeping at the office, this song is written for Doug’s wife, Juli. Aloha Kane`ohe is a beautiful bittersweet tribute to friends who had to leave Kane`ohe for the mainland, some of the beautiful lyrics are "Aloha Kane`ohe is never goodbye."

This lovely music gives us a glimpse into Doug's heart, music which is as beautiful and gentle and kind, as is Doug.
In case you would like to share Doug's music,
Physical CD is available now (7/12/08) .

Email Doug at FitchDoug @ yahoo.com $15.00 plus $3.85 shipping (he can take Visa / Mastercard too).
CD Baby http://cdbaby.com/cd/dougfitchmusic

Digital downloads

http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumid=ALB000020394
Other digital download sites (iTunes, Yahoo, Rhapsody etc) are in process.
Ringtones for cell phones will be available as well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  12:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage
Thank you for the kind words Wanda and I'm really glad you like the CD! It was a real pleasure recording it. Its nice to have something of a musical diary to share with family/friends/fans. Your comments are much appreciated!

I'm really lucky I got to grow up in a place with little for electronic entertainment. That's one reason my brother Brad Fitch and I spent so much time writing and playing music as kids. We had 2 and a half TV stations (3 at night when the signal came clear). Our only radio station was junk and went off the air at 5pm anyway. Brad and my sister Melinda and I played in all the school bands too in our little town. Music has been a family tradition for generations so its nice to document some of it as Brad has done through his recordings of original ballads and country-western music(www.tropicowboy.com).

We used to have to drive 2 hrs round trip to get fresh produce in the winter. We'd combine it with our trips to go to doctor appointments too so we'd make the most of it. Nearer to home, we had rear-wheel only drive cars, 8% grades and 3 feet of snow often...and a shovel and sand bags in the trunk! Whew! No need health club membership.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I want to express my gratitude to those who have encouraged and taught me slack key guitar, the most beautiful music around! Thanks also to Andy for establishing da Taropatch.net.
Aloha,Doug

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000