Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Ibanez daytripper?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Anyone have any experience with the Ibanez Daytripper travel guitar?
I was briefly able to play a used one that I could pick up for a reasonable price.
It sounded a little flat and tinny but I did not have it tuned correctly and I have no idea if the strings were correct for it.
Could the strings contribute significantly to this sound?
Anybody have one that sounds good? Do they take a while to break in like other solid top guitars? I doubt that is has been played much at all.

The research I have done indicates it is a reasonably well made guitar and it would be perfect for hauling around when I do not want to drag my dread with me.

Has anyone done a direct comparison with a baby taylor?

Dave

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Dave,
at the 2007 AMC winter camp, Dennis Lake held a session comparing all the travel guitars at the camp. Mark Nelson played each in turn, so we got to hear Martin,s Larivees, Taylors and a few others, all played by the same person doing the same song. Very interesting comparison. I forget whether an Ibanez was present. You might contact Mark to see if he remembers.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  1:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info.
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked