Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Strings for Mice: Cleartone 7412
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  1:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha,

out of curiousity and influenced by a neat web site, i ordered a set of Cleartone 7412 string. these are medium tension strings.

i put them on my Goodall RCJC last night. two observations: they are way tight! they feel much higher tension than, say, Nanowebs feel. and, they have an amazing amount of string noise! i tend to have a lot of string noise anyway - i'm working on that - but this is amazing.

they do sound good, but i'm wondering if they're better for jazz guitar.

does anyone have any experience with these? here's the website: http://www.cleartonestrings.com/

(i also got some Galli classical strings to try on my nylon strong guitar, but i've not had a chance to try them yet.)

aloha,
keith

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  6:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
According to their web site it looks like all Larrivee guitars are now shipped with Cleartone strings, so that should answer your question about jazz guitar.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  04:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
it does, in the negative!

maybe i have especially sticky finger skin (from going after all those research grants?)

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  3:26:55 PM  Show Profile
I had them for about a week. Didn't like them; as you said, very noisy. Prefer the Elixir PB Nanos
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  12:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
yeah, they're coming off. they're driving me nuts. i've even used the ultimate string lubricant - nose grease (i learned this trick from a famous guitarist and teacher) - but they still squeeeeeeek.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage
One tip for reduced finger squeaks: Keep a bowl of water and a small towel handy. Dip your fingers briefly and wipe them dry. The slightly damp fingertips help to reduce squeaks, esepcially for recording. (From an interview with Ben Verdery in Acoustic Guitar magazine sometime last year).
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  1:30:57 PM  Show Profile
I tried clear tones last year and they were expensive. I got home put them on my guitar and took them off 1/2 hour later. That might be a new rejection record for me. They even had a wierd feel on my fingers.

I like Nano's. After that it's GHS or Martin--both have plenty of tone choices and squeaking is low.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000