Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Favorite Shave Ice flavors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  06:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Just finally got around to answering what kine machine we got sitting on the kitchen shelf
Back To Backs Electric Hawaiice® Ice Shaver S400
This one looks the same just new name I think Hawaiice Shaved Ice Machine
S-660Regular price: $59.95Summer Sale! $34.95
http://www.hawaiianshavedice.com/elshicemabic.html
I got mine at the Kitchen store locally

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  07:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Indeed great pictures Momi. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Kory, you are gazing so lovingly at the shave ice. Jack, I do not see an eye patch or drooling. I hope you are recovering well. You never let it stop the steel playing! Good for you. And Braddah Al -- you have lost some weight, yeah? You must not be slurping enough of those saimin noodles. It is so good to see Greg and Gary Herb and all you guys. Looks like you had just good fun! I see Braddah Herb gots da palaka shirt!

Though Kory didn't get a second one, I did. I believe the Johnny Pineapple folks are considering naming lilikoi/pineapple/mango the "official-kine Da Uddah Guyz flava."

The only drooling Jack did was when we went out for pizza afta.

Which might have also had an effect on Al's weight (though he has lost enough recently that, as he put it, he got his muscles back).

Herb gots da palaka attitude, too; as why we like him.

Was good fun. Herb & Al also joined a bunch of us from SUPA onstage later, to play an all-`ukulele set. We all had a good day of music-making; I was in three groups at the outdoor stage, and most of the folks you see here were at the outdoor stage a few times, the indoor stage a few more times, and even doing workshops.

As Momi noted, this first-year experiment may have been successful enough to become an annual event. But as No`eau said yesterday, "forget annual - let's just do it every year!"
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  1:03:15 PM  Show Profile
I think that shave ice should be considered a "fruit" when dieting. I still abstained from the gummy worms that were offered as a topping. I heard that the festival is on next year's schedule!
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  2:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

I still abstained from the gummy worms that were offered as a topping.
On my second one, I earned an "upgrade" to gummy slippahs! F'real.
Go to Top of Page

Falsetto2002
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  2:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Momi,

Thanks for taking the pictures. Always great to see me in da music world of Seatle and more. Plus love to make music with other musicians. Al has a great vice and I like singing with him too. Now to the Ho'olaulea in Puyallup.
quote:
Originally posted by Momi

Leo Ki'eki'e
Kalei
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  3:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Falsetto2002

Al has a great vice
He certainly does...
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  2:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Now this is not shave ice but it sounds like it would be onolicious. It is Filippino nad is called Halohalo:
http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Tagalog_Default_files/Philippine_Culture/halo_halo.htm

Has anyone experienced this lovely looking concoction? I neva see 'em for sale Hawai`i.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

pittdg
Aloha

22 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  07:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Send pittdg a Yahoo! Message
P.O.G. is the absolute best juice and\or shave ice flavor. We even had a shaved ice vendor here in Geneva,Ohio mix those flavors for us. He had no idea what it was, but nonetheless, it was atleast a rememberance of Hawaii. For those who don't know what P.O.G. is , its Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  07:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Malia,one of the dancers with Ka Hui Hula O Ka Aina Punahele,operates Aloha Freeze frozen drink machine rentals-Making Ordinary Parties Extraordinary, One sip at a time. One of the few Hawaiian-themed anythings in NE Ohio. Might be something to think about for family gatherings, etc. www.alohafreeze.com Yeah, I know, cheap commercial plug. Jus' helpin' a friend, that's all.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000