Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Remedies for Jelly Fish Stings
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  12:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Eh, I stay watch Miffbustahz on da tellabizhun. Dey wen wala`au bout what can do when da jelly fish go sting you. Dey said was one miff dat best cure is vodka. Dey wen try-um. Ho, da buggah work. For control dey use plain watah and one scrub brush. Pour da watah on da arm and den scrub wit da brush. Nomo stinin and nomo welts. Den dey do same ting wit vodka, no mo stinging, no mo welts. Took away itch and pain, bof did, but vodka kine moah wikiwiki. I also heard for shishi da buggah get mo bettah an no hurt. Oddah tings I hear just plain sea watah no plain watah. I hear plain watah make da tings give up da poison and make worse.

What you guyz stay no about ka pololia? I have seen lots dem buggahs all one time on da beach, but was in Bahamas.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
I heard meat tenderizer or shishi, neva try um tho.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  2:24:22 PM  Show Profile
I have successfully used meat tenderizer on bee stings and mosquito bites. It has to have papain, so even rubbing papaya on the boo-boo should work, too. One time I got wasp sting and had to go to emergency room because my arm swelled up bigger than Mark Mcguire when he was on steriods. In the emergency room, they used meat tenderizer, worked like a charm.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  8:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
White vinegar works best...soak a paper towel and apply for 30 minutes. After that you can remove the stingers however you want.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 09/07/2008 8:57:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  06:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
It is the Vinegar. Urine will work if you are on alone on an Island but ONLY if you have very acidic Urine. :-) Using a dull blade or shell to scrape off tenticles helps remove stingers.
The Vodka might be an good to numb the pain but I think more better take by mouth if stung bad. :-)

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000