Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Keith Marzullo invents ukulele/guitar strum!...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  8:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Yup, folks. Keith was using ringtones on his cell phone
to oscillate the stringed instruments on stage last night,
hands free! I think it has something to do with the
frequency of resonance. Here, Keith is singlehandedly
performing the Bohemian Rhapsody on everyone else's
instruments. Any theories on how this works?! Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  8:30:04 PM  Show Profile
HuH?? He was supposed to be at Kaisens. We may have to revoke his membership.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  9:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Are cell phones allowed on stage at Kaisens and acknowledged as bonafide musical instruments there, Dusty? Was that you calling him asking him where he was? We'd sure like to hear the response! LOL! Ric

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  06:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Sure hope he doesn't listen, or text on his Ukelele while driving his car, its illegal to do so in California.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  7:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Is there such a thing as a BlueToothUlele device?! Ric

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  3:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
ho, you caught that? i was using my phone browser to check how you play an Ebm7-5... i gave up and played a C extra loud so it sounded good.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  05:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by marzullo

ho, you caught that? i was using my phone browser to check how you play an Ebm7-5... i gave up and played a C extra loud so it sounded good.

aloha,
keith

Aloha e Kili, Show me what you did next time we wala'au, hiki?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  3:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Dusty, Dusty Dusty!
Kaisen's is Tuesday -- MBUS is Wednesday -- Ukulele Society of America is Thursday. Whew --- too many choices in San Diego!!!

I use a similar device called a "Hula Girl Shaker" to loosen up the soundboard tops on my ukuleles and guitars. Same principle as the cell phone -- but then Dr. Marzullo is a pretty talented professor and brought the same techniques up to date. Me, ever much the Scot, I prefer the wire and clothespin.

No joke -- you can find out how to make one here: http://www.ukuleles.com/Technology/HulaGirlShaker.html

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  4:14:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Dusty, Dusty Dusty!
Kaisen's is Tuesday -- MBUS is Wednesday -- Ukulele Society of America is Thursday. Whew --- too many choices in San Diego!!!

I use a similar device called a "Hula Girl Shaker" to loosen up the soundboard tops on my ukuleles and guitars. Same principle as the cell phone -- but then Dr. Marzullo is a pretty talented professor and brought the same techniques up to date. Me, ever much the Scot, I prefer the wire and clothespin.

Mike, Mike, Mike!

ricdoug said:

"Yup, folks. Keith was using ringtones on his cell phone
to oscillate the stringed instruments on stage last night,
hands free!"

He sent the message on 09/24/2008, which was Wednesday, thereby making "last night" Tuesday night! Hence my response.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  5:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
captain,

don't forget that dusty is also a professor, and can thus argue with the best of them...

it's like that old joke about the guy in a hot air balloon who got lost for a few days in a fog bank. when the fog cleared, he found himself over a field with a guy standing in the field. the balloonist hollered down saying "hey! where am i?" and the guy in the field hollered back "you're in a balloon!"

so, the balloonist concluded he was over UCSD and the guy was a professor, since the answer, while completely correct, was worthless...

very cool gizmo, btw!

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000