Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Sun Jose Hawaii
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  08:54:16 AM  Show Profile
Sun Jose Hawaii, a Hawaiian shop located in a large San Jose, CA shopping center, has announced that they will be closing their retail outlet on October 15, 2008. SJH will continue to sell at festivals and via the internet but a major source for buying Hawaiian music "in-person" will be lost. I personally will miss going to their store and browsing thru their extensive collection of CDs.

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  7:04:03 PM  Show Profile
OH, that's too bad.

I know they've been here for somet ime, and my sister really enjoys shopping there. I'm sorry to hear they are closing....

Sigh, I suppose the financial meltdown will affect a lot more folks than we suspect.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  1:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, one of the family who own SJH, hit the nail on the head a few months ago when he said, "Our whole business is trying to sell stuf to people that they don't really need. Not (i.e. it won't work) in this economy."

I'll never forgot how encouraging they were to this haole when I was first started to play slack key. It is not just talk when I say that I trully wouldn't be where I'm at musically without their support and encouragement.

And we wouldn't have the South Bay Open Mic without their generous support - they were the first people I spoke to about my idea for an open mic, and before I left the store that day I had a marketing plan, a commitment to wonderful door prizes, and the feeling that this will really work. It did.

And I'll miss Grandma always trying to sell you somehing else, and Jessie with his latest music tip, (and the heartwarming dedication they have towards their daughter,) and Bobby's smile and true interest in how things were going.

Not just a business is closing ... but a great conduit for ALOHA will no longer grace our community. Auwe!
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  1:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
gosh, another outlet of aloha goes make. i'm sorry to hear this.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000