Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Michelle Wie of Honolulu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Anyone watch Punahou student, Michelle Wie, last weekend at the LPGA Kraft Nabisco Championship? At 13 years old, she's outdriving the professional field. Incredible! And she's 6 feet tall!

From the Honolulu Advertiser, "Wie takes major step".

To continue this talk story, Gabby Pahinui was an avid golfer. George Kuo loves golf. One of his CDs has a song titled "Golf Swing." Keoki Kahumoku likes to play golf too.

Andy

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  6:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Ha,Ha, When you get up there in age
Golf is about the safest sport you
can play. Although it takes a lot of
consentration.

Aloha, Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I should have mentioned that I like golf too... except for me it's more like a walk through the woods.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  02:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Andy,

When you are in Maui this coming June, let's play, if you have time in between our slack key jams. I can get you local rates at the Kapalua Golf courses. In fact this offer is to everyone coming here this June! Am a beginner myself.

ed

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  09:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Ed,

Can Sarah and I be caddies? We don't golf (golf is flog spelled backwards :-), but Kapalua is just the most beautiful course in the world. At Kapalua, it would not be "A Good Walk Spoiled".

me ke aloha,

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Reid & Sarah,

Hey let's get together anyway. There are other exciting ways to enjoy Kapalua aside from Golf! (Typical Kapalua commercial) Am a "young" retiree of the Golf Resort so Kapalua was and still is a very special place for me (not to mention my extended Golf privileges) Let's line up something as we get near your vacation dates. I'm looking forward to meet you all at our Waihee jam, or anywhere in Maui for that matter! By the way, I have an extra guitar (classical guitar) you and Sarah can borrow while you are here so you don't have to bring yours and avoid the hassle with airline regs.

ed

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  2:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage

Now this is interesting. I've worked as a groundskeeper on a golf course (my job was to change the location of the holes on the greens). I think I own a set of "Tiger Woods" brand golf clubs(that's what it says on the bag). OK, maybe I just own a "Tiger Woods" brand golf bag. On the practice range I can drive the ball straight as an arrow and I can hit that cart that picks up the range balls at will. Yet, never played a real game or had the desire to. Does one learn to love the game?
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  01:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Isn't "The Plantation" up on the Kapalua course? Had a great lunch there a few years ago overlooking the course, Lana'i and Moloka'i, if I remember right (which is happening less these days.)
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  01:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ed. Golf would be great if there is time.

Mainkaukau - Golf can grow on you. However, when you hit the ball all over the place like me, it's the rare, solidly struck shot that keeps me returning for another attempt. If you're hitting the ball straight and on target everytime, it might get boring. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm searching for my ball off the beaten track.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  06:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Raymond,

Yes the Plantation Course, site of the Mercedes Championships in January, is at Kapalua. If that was a few years ago, you are overdue for another trip and bring your Taropatch CD! Great job you did for all. Missed out on that one.

ed

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kaua e Ed,

Your offer of a guitar is extraordinarily kind. Real Aloha. A major part of our joy in Hawaiian music and culture is that people like you and Kevin and Bill and Kitty dem are so big hearted that we always feel at home and welcomed.

Actually, Sarah and I had already decided to test United Airline's procedures: if they want our business to get out of bankruptcy, they can be nice to us and let us check our guitars, no charge (they already took a big ding out of my Calton case at HNL). We just hope they will be flying in June. If they do bad things to us, we will know how to react in the future. It may also sound strange, but we are seriously attached to our guitars; we recently visited a friend in DC over a weekend and did not bring a guitar along. We felt that members of the family were missing.
Funny, yeah?

Mahalo nui loa no kou `olu`olu,

Reid and Sarah

Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  9:27:46 PM  Show Profile
My wife calls it addiction. If we go somewhere for more than a day, I either take my guitar or look to where I can rent one. I now have cheap but playable guitars in Chicago, Tucson, Albuquerque and San Jose -- I live in SJ, but often visit family in thosde other cities.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2003 :  1:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
More golf news related to Hawai`i. Women in golf have Hawaii links

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000