Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Get off your computer...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
and go vote!

Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  9:59:40 PM  Show Profile
What you no think we goin vote? I think you mean well,I think.
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  06:13:40 AM  Show Profile
I actually like voting by mail.......no crowds, no lines, no problem!

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  06:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Yeah, I mean well. We voted last week. short lines, no stress!
Gonna play my steel guitar today, and enjoy the show.
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I read your message, Bob, and went to vote. It was fun! I voted for Pat Paulsen.

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  09:10:40 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hapakid

I voted for Pat Paulsen.

And I voted for Randee of the Redwoods! (We're both showing our age, Jesse. Pipe down, GS.)

Great Paulsen quote from Wikipedia (so who knows if it's true or not): "I am neither left wing nor right wing. I am middle-of-the-bird."
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  1:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Paul got stink eye today when we went vote. The poll worker offered him an "I voted today" sticker, which Paul declined. A lady poll worker chimed in that he could get a free cup o joe at Starbucks. To which Paul replied that Starbucks coffee is not to his liking, so he could do well without the sticker, no thank you. And he said the sticker is just garbage anyway. To which the lady really got huhu, all puffed up telling is IS NOT trash. Paul tried to explain he would have to take the sticker off his shirt in order to do laundry and then the sticker would go in the trash. And he mentioned about less paper to go in the trash saves trees or something similar. Now here was was boing a good guy, doing his civic duty in an exemplary manner, and being "green" whilst doing it. Only to get the stink eye.

And yes, Braddah Ed, Paul does laundry.

My poor baby, I need to go soothe him......

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

I nevah heard of Randee of the Redwoods anyways. Was before my time.

Randee of the Redwoods ... with two "ee"s ... like the river.

A character created by comic Jim Turner, back during his days as a member of the comedy troupe Duck's Breath Mystery Theatre, originally based in Iowa City (which is where I worked with some of them), then in San Francisco. Appeared on MTV in the late 1980s, and they ran him as a presidential candidate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BFfBPvvQ0
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  9:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Eh! Dat kid from Punahou went an' win da whole ting, brah! Hoooo! I heard dem kids get all da good jobs! Better you go Punahou den Kam, eh?
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  9:58:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I read your message, Bob, and went to vote. It was fun! I voted for Pat Paulsen.

Jesse Tinsley

Eh who dis Pat Paulsen? Da one I thinking of was that strait face comedian back in da 70's.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  03:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, Jay. He would always run for president. Watch some of his videos on you tube. He was so funny and how he kept that straight face, I'll never know.

I think he ended up actually being mayor of some town in California.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  04:00:09 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Eh! Dat kid from Punahou went an' win da whole ting, brah! Hoooo! I heard dem kids get all da good jobs! Better you go Punahou den Kam, eh?

uuuu, Brah, dem's buffing words! Punahou teach you how to use your waha while Kamehameha teach you how to wala 'au, more or less.

Herb
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  05:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Eh there is a rumor going round my town that that guy from Hawaii will be here tomorrow. We have ONE BIG tradition here for 200 years now two days after election all candidates in the state come to Georgetown Delaware and ride in ONE BIG PARADE in SAME CARRIAGE to town square where they have big ceremony and Bury the HATCHET ! Joe Biden has NEVER missed a parade in his whole carreer. And the whole area is lousey with preperations cause he has not said he will not be coming this year. In fact the rumor is that he is bringing OBAMA with him.
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20081101/NEWS02/811010318/-1/election2008
I know that I will be in my usual spot watching the parade as I have done every 4 years since I can remember. I was luckey enouch to drive our horses in it several years but well thoses years are gone now so like most of Sussex County Delaware we watch and PARTY.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  07:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I think he ended up actually being mayor of some town in California.

Nah - I think you thinking of Sonny Bono. Paulsen (who passed away in 1997) did get a number of votes in various Presidential contests between 1968-1996, however. He was born up this way, in tiny little South Bend, WA. Some quotes:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself...and of course the boogieman."

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."

Campaign Slogans: "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours." --- "If elected, I will win."
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
A character created by comic Jim Turner, back during his days as a member of the comedy troupe Duck's Breath Mystery Theatre, originally based in Iowa City (which is where I worked with some of them), then in San Francisco.

When I was in Utah I booked Duck's Breath into the coffeehouse I managed on a regular basis. We even put 'em on a float for the U of Utah Homecoming Parade as part of our " Etienne d'Azhole Theatre Festival," named in honor of the fictitious French director.

Funny guys.

So, aren't the democrats s'pposed to vote today?
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

So, aren't the democrats s'pposed to vote today?
Whoa! Thanks for the reminder! I better get off the computer...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000