Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kilauea Tuning
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  11:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message
Remember me? I finally found a tuning that I can work with (without breaking strings. I've tuned down to C Kilauea ( The song Palolo really jumps in this format; C,A,D7,G7.) and I've built a sizeable library of songs that I can play (listeners can recognize the song). I've tried the chord finder website and da bugga get too much polka dot, wheech one suppose fo push? I have the words to more songs and need to find the chords, once that is established I can create the sound and accompaniments. I've also used my tuner and IPOD to help establish the chords which then is transposed to C; which is where I think my vocal range is. The question is even tyhough I have found something that I can work with, will it be adequate for most songs? Should I look into the traditional tunings?

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  01:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Is this Kilauea, as in the Daniel Ho "G, Kilauea" ...
which is...
D G C G B E but slacked to C?...which would be G,C ,F C, E, B...and that would be EXTREME slack!
Or is there another C Kilauea?
His uke is a fourth higher in C kilauea...but that's a smalller "guitar" like instrument.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000