Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Christmas Songs in Taro Patch Tuning
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JCat
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello:

Could anyone steer me to any sources for tab of some Christmas songs in Taro Patch tuning?

Probably too late to be tryin' to learn anything new for this Christmas season, but hey, why not give it a go . . .

Thanks.

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  04:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Click on the Search link in the upper right of this page and search for Christmas Songbook...you'll find plenty!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

JCat
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  05:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Many thanks!

Mahalo
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:04:03 PM  Show Profile
I was planning on posting "Silent Night" on youtube in dropped C if you're interested (I figured I'd wait till November is pau though) : )
Go to Top of Page

Allen M Cary
Lokahi

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile
I have found that it is fairly easy to arrange Christmas carols in both Taro and Keola's C (cgdgbe), especially since the melodies are so familiar. Though not Slack, there is a beautiful Silent Night in open D in Mark Hanson's Fingerstyle Christmas book. There are also some nearly impossible arrangements of a medley of I Saw Three Ships, We Three Kings and Light (or Bring?) a Candle, Jeanette, if you want to really torture yourself. It's impressive when he plays it on the accompanying CD.
I highly recommend the book and the CD is a real bonus, because it isn't an instructional CD, but rather a beautiful fingerstyle guitar album.
Mele Kalikimaka,
Allen
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Bill Campbell kindly sent me a bunch of Christmas tabs to share here. I just need to convert them to pdf's. Anyone have time to lend a helping hand?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  4:14:53 PM  Show Profile
If you have TablEdit software, I can send you .tef files for 16 Public Domain Christmas songs. You have to have the TablEdit software in order to open the files, but then you can play the song and also edit it to your liking. I don't know how to convert .tef files to .pdf files.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  9:44:12 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Bill Campbell kindly sent me a bunch of Christmas tabs to share here. I just need to convert them to pdf's. Anyone have time to lend a helping hand?

Andy, send me the tabledit files and I'll convert them to pdf.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  08:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Bill, I'd love to have the TEF files (and can also convert them to PDF). My email is craig[AT]patchett.com. Mahalo!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 11/27/2008 08:11:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Craig,

I will attach them to a separate email. I remember that you were able to do this for an earlier Christmas song that I sent, but I didn't want to bother you about these. It would be nice if you could convert them and post them on this site somewhere.

Mahalo,
Bill
Go to Top of Page

JCat
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  12:04:20 PM  Show Profile
I would love to see these Christmas Tabs. Are they posted somewhere? How/where are they accessible?

In the meantime, I was fiddling around with Silent Night in Taro Patch tuning and ended-up with version which you all may find too simple, or clunky (due to the barrs), but thought I would share it anyway, if it is legal/permissible to do so.

How is it determined if a piece of work, such as Silent Night, is public-domain, and appropriate to share a personal arrangement of, here?

Mahalo, y'all.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm working on converting them...as soon as I'm done I'll post the links.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

I'm working on converting them...as soon as I'm done I'll post the links.

Thanks, Craig!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  9:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK, I finally got them all converted...thanks for everyone's patience (and to Bill for providing the arrangements in the first place). You can find them in the Songbook thread here:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=4&TOPIC_ID=2189#53561

Enjoy!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  1:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I just uploaded some corrections to some of the files so check the Songbook thread again if you've already downloaded anything.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  05:50:33 AM  Show Profile
OK, this will be a feeble attempt to post a tablature arrangement of 'Good King Wenceslas'. I am not much good at this sort of thing. For those who have the TablEdit software, a .tef file is available elsewhere on this website.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000