Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Southern California Slack Key Festival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  2:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Howzit Brudda Peter...nope, no offense taken, and none given.
I'm an old guy, everybody is a "kid" to me. Up on stage with Cyril, Sonny, Kunia, I naturally see the youngest as a kid commpared to them...(that's the coloring book thingy) ... no worries, all said in good fun. You sounded good too, you'd make your dad proud. I percieve you as a wonderful, accomplished player...Heck!, if your playing with Cyril, Sonny, & Kunia you have to be good! :-)
I was the guy who was backstage in the green room when you guys were watching the football game, I brought my guitar for you & Kunia to sign, (not just anybody signs it, its special)....you tried to play it but I told you I slackened all the strings so I could transport it in the soft gig bag. I'm also the guy who makes all the Ipu's that decorated the stage....that guy.
Great things are ahead for you, keep it up.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  2:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Aloha slkho:

haha ok now I remember! That guitar has a lot of history on it. Bill Tapia signed it twice right?

Sometimes I feel out of place with really great musicians like them but I'm always eager to know where I stand not only in the eyes of my musical company but in the eyes of the observer. It's a little difficult for me to explain and interpret stuff over the internet XP

Mahalo and All The Best,
-Peter

Peter W.K. Moon
Go to Top of Page

dennyb
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  3:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Mitch on a great show!
I had the pleasure of attending Cyril's workshop Saturday morning, The Reception at Duke's
Saturday night and worked on the stage at the Festival Sunday....what an Excellent weekend!

Mahalo to all the performers, I had a great time!

-dennyb
Slack Key Player/Stage Manager
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  12:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Yeah I told you! Only the best can sign, your're on there with the greats, and a few more who are special to me. Bill Tapia is the only double signee, once when he was 93, the other when he turned 100!! I only have a handful of Ukulele players on it.

No worries Peter, your doing fine...I know exactly where your coming from.
How you feel when your playing with peers, friends, and just other musicians sometimes makes you feel & think how good, or not so good your playing may be... its nerve wracking. I go through that all the time.
In the end, you play for your own enjoyment first... the rest will take care of itself.
Keep jamming brah!
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  06:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Rick Jitchaku had been asked to join Mitch, and then played solo. He was amazing; most of us had not heard him play solo and what a treat. He plays at Bob's with Henry Kamae, Roger Waialae, Joe Aki, Pete Kahele, Junius Montgomery on Fri nights on occasion, and with Pete Naluwai there Sunday mornings, and usually with his very special friend, Tani Waipa singing with her unbelievably beautiful voice.

Peter, the teasing was lighthearted and you earned your spot on stage with your excellent talent. Too bad Rik didn't come up to Duke's Sat night and catch you there. He was the one with the gorgeous ipus that were decorating the stage. He's still a kid despite the wrinkles and grey ponytail. Both your playing and stage presence are a real treat and I hope you liked it well enough here to come again.

Aloha no,
auntie nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000