Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Patrick Landeza in hospital
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  08:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Patrick,
Our prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Our prayers, too, for your wife and keiki.
Raymond and Linda Stovich
Go to Top of Page

wrenblue
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  10:03:56 AM  Show Profile
Hoping Patrick has a speedy recovery!

I am signed up for his slack key class at Swannanoa Gathering in NC this summer--hoping he will be recovered by then. (late July)

Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  12:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aue! I hope you recover quickly, Patrick. You've done so much for Hawaiian music, and I hope you continue to eventually.

Yes, I'm still alive guys...

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  1:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Patrick! Hang tough, prayers are on the way.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  2:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone,
I just now got a call from Patrick's wife; he's out of surgery and everythung went well .It sounds like his doctors are pretty happy with the results but things won't be easy for a while. Now I just want to thank all you guys for all of your prayers and kind words....So much aloha!
a hui hou,
Allan

b3d
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  09:42:32 AM  Show Profile
Any address where we could send cards or letters or strip-o-grams?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  09:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Any address where we could send cards or letters or strip-o-grams?

How about a slack-o-gram?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  3:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
aloha all!!
one hand typing..mahalo for your prayers and thoughts, i will be here for a while but am getting stronger. your words of encouragement has meant a lot to me...slack o grams would be beautiful..(C-tunings only) lol

still waiting for julie to decorate my room like a concert! I know that people were wondering where I am..i am at eden hospital in castro valley ..again mahalo you guys

aloha,

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  8:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message
Kumu:
Glad to hear everything went well with the surgery.
Take care and hope to see you soon.
Time to get back to practicing ....
Aloha,
Les
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  8:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Aahh, Patrick, my dear,

The only things that would be good enough for decorating your hospital room would be: coco palms, sweet sandy beaches and fragrant island breezes. A great big dish of papayas, mangos and pineapples. (Maybe a Mai Tai..)

Now go sleep well and dream of tropical heavens, you'll get better in no time. You just send out the word when you need anything one of us mortals can bring you.

How is you wife holding up taking care of those gorgeous babies?

Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Eh - Patrick - I am glad you feeling up to playing with the computer. That's a good sign. Just remember, hospital food is meant to make you want to get out of the hospital. Az y hahd.

When Paul was in the hospital with that knee infection, I took him his dulcimer and he introduced the hospital guys to Hawaiian music. When I was in for my heart operation, I did hula in the intensive care - eh, mo bettah exercise than the typical cardiac rehab. Matter of fact, Auntie Mapuana de Silva was working on a project that proved hula is not only equivalent, but mo bettah than standard cardiac rehab, better for the soul, too, I think.

You have our best wishes for a speedy recovery, a strong recovery. How you gonna show pictures of your keiki on the back of your guitar?

All the best to you from Cleveland, Ohio.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Eh cuz. What's a matter you?! Hope it ain't serious. Take it slow but get back quick... aloha

Stay Tuned...

Edited by - hikabe on 03/20/2009 10:56:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha nunui loa e Patrick! Iʻm visualizing your enormous grin right now. Stay in balance so your body can heal itself. E malama pono!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  12:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E, Saint Patrick, I saw something like the following on the web, and it reminded me of the Sullivan in you. Laugh if you must, jusʻ not too hard-
Paddy OʻBrian is sitting in his usual pub, when he notices a brass lamp at the end of the bar. Curious, he rubs it. A Genie comes out, and says, "Iʻll give you three wishes, Paddy". Paddy pauses. "Faith and Begorrah, Iʻd like a pint ʻo Guiness thatʻs never empty". A pint appears. Paddy drinks to near the bottom, and, miraculously, it fills itself back to the top. "Fetter-me-christ!", says Paddy, astonished. "And for your other two wishes?" inquires the genie. "Donʻt cha know," says Paddy, "Iʻd be wantinʻ two more of those!"

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  05:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Patrick, thanks for letting us know you're doing OK. Guess I won't be sending any slack-o-grams, since I only know one song in a C-tuning and you've already heard that one way too many times, squeaks and all.

E malama kou kino, e ke kumu. I won't say get well soon-- just take your time and heal up right.

-Mike
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000