Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 NYC: Hula workshops
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  1:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hula Kahiko & Hula `Auana Workshop with Patrick Makuakane — Intermediate and Advanced Students Only
Saturday, May 17, 2003: 10:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
at Dance Space Center, 451 Broadway, 3rd Floor, NYC
Registration fee: $65 (HCF members); $75 (general)
Payment: Cash, check or credit card

Featured in American Aloha: Hula Beyond Hawai`i, Patrick Makuakane is the Director for the dynamic Hawaiian dance company, Na Lei Hulu I Ka Wekiu, based in San Francisco. He is a creative force in the hula world, and is well known for his innovative choreography. Kumu Patrick Makuakane was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawai`i and began dancing hula at age 13. He danced professionally and was a principal dancer with Robert Cazimero’s Na Kamalei. He is currently studying with hula master Aunty Mae Kamamalu Klein in Hawai`i, as part of the prestigious two-year Irvine Fellowship in Dance.

Ladies Hula `Auana Workshop with Robert Cazimero — Intermediate and Advanced Students Only
Sunday, May 18, 2003: 12:00 p.m. — 2:00 p.m.
at Dance Space Center, 451 Broadway, 3rd Floor, NYC
Registration fee: $65 (HCF); $75 (general)
Payment: Cash, check or credit card

Robert Uluwehi Cazimero is kumu hula of Halau Na Kamalei from Honolulu, Hawai`i. He studied hula under Aunti Maiki Aiu and graduated as part of her Papa `Uniki Lehua class in 1973. Robert, along with his brother Roland, collectively known as the Brothers Cazimero, were instrumental in the resurgence of Hawaiian music and culture during the 1970s. They have released over 30 albums over the past 30 years and have performed in theaters such as Carnegie Hall in New York City; the World Expo in Brisbane, Australia, Hong Kong, Tokyo; and annually in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle to sellout crowds. National television credits include PBS’s "Songs Of Aloha", the "Today" show, "PM Magazine", "Good Morning America", "Real People", Jim Nabors special from Hawai`i, the Miss America Pageant, and the Dolly Parton TV special from Hawai`i.

REGISTRATION FORM
(Please complete & email as soon as possible. Mahalo!)

Name:_____________________________

Address:___________________________

City:___________ State:____Zip:_______

Phone: ________________hm ________________bus

Email: _____________________________________

I wish to register for:

Makuakane ________$65(HCF) ______$75(gen)

Cazimero ________$65(HCF) ______$75(gen)

If you have any questions or need further information, call HCF at (212)966-3378.

Hawai`i Cultural Foundation
P.O. Box 250050
New York, NY 10025
www.hawaiiculturalfoundation.org
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000