Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 White Mountain Journal - Tab
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike D.
Aloha

18 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  12:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Mike D. an AOL message  Send Mike D. a Yahoo! Message
I'm interested in learning whether the tabulature is available for Keola Beamer's "Barefoot on the Range" (Track 11) from the "Mauna Kea: White Mountain Journal" album is available anywhere. I'm new to the world of Slack Key, and wonder if this tab can be found. What a beautiful tune! Also, his version of "Sase" (Track 12) is also really cool, and if anyone has info on that, please advise.

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  12:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Mike,

"Sase" is in Learn to Play Hawaiian Slack-Key Guitar by Keola Beamer & Mark Nelson, ISBN 0-7866-4109-6. I got it from the net, maybe from www.mele.com or possibly Amazon.

Can't help you with "Barefoot".

Aloha,

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  1:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I keep track of what's available in slack key tab and haven't seen "Barefoot on the Range"...your best bet is to contact Keola via email and ask him if he has a copy.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  9:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
Another good resource on the web for instructional materials, etc. is Hanalei Video and Music http://www.hanaleivideoandmusic.com
I know they have all of Keola's instructional materials.

Local Kauai family... they don't keep everything loaded on the website but they have it in stock in their store. Give Karen and Mike a call or email. They also have a great selection of ukulele and a variety of Hawaiian instruments (ili ili - stone castanets; etc.)

Aloha nui,
Sandy & Doug
Go to Top of Page

Mike D.
Aloha

18 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Mike D. an AOL message  Send Mike D. a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the suggestions on finding the tab to these pieces. I'll do a little follow up -- thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000