Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Some post trip reflections
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  02:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to make a quick post about our trip to O`ahu, Maui and Molokai. Won't get into details right now, but I'll say that our time in the islands was full of ono foods, nahenahe music, and great company.

It was particularly fun meeting some of the people I had only previously known online. I hope nobody minds me posting (if you do, please let me know). And I hope I did not forget anyone (if I did, please let me know). In no particular order...

TaroPatch.net members I saw in the islands
Slackkey
Reid
Julie Hendriks
rossasaurus
Lawrence
ohanabrown
Sarah
jlsulle
Mainkaukau
edkalama
donkaulia
Popoki
Slack Key Lady
dfpet
Konabob
Pulelehua
kawika
richonmaui
Bwop
lexluthier
brian kluepfel
Bruce Lamb
ebige
Hiro
TucsonBob
Dick Reed
garson
Ken

New members that I saw in the islands
Doc
gail garcia
Lowell
shorebreak
uncle claude
naukilo*
kapanaha
hina

Thank you to everyone who made the trip so memorable in so many ways. Mahalo to those who took photos and posted them so quickly. Mine have not been developed yet.

I would like to add that I have a bunch of new CDs to review. This includes George Kahumoku's new *live* CD engineered and mastered by one of our TaroPatch.net members (he kept quiet about it all along!) Also, happy to say that I'll be adding the new instructional DVDs (Keoki Kahumoku, George Kahumoku, and Patrick Landeza) to our list soon. All this just as soon as I catch up on the work that pays and also resolve some of the server problems lingering from our server crash.

Me ke aloha.

* I usually do not single out any members, but this one I'm honored to have here!

Andy

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  04:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy! It was indeed a pleasure to see both you and lynette once again here on Beloved Maui No ka Oi....I'm only sorry we never got to kanikajam together in Waihe'e! But to have spent the time with you guys and Ozzie surrounded by Kiho'alu Festers" (new word....)on Sunday, was just as wonderful.

Hey! See you next year right! "Blue Marlin's open-mic Night" with Don and the gang! By then my truck will be in top shape and ready to make the trip there. ha! ha! ha! I really wanted to get together with you guys at the Mauian, for some Kanikajammapila. But had done so, and made it there, my Wife would've have a fit! I would've forgotten all about picking her up at work! Ha! ha! ha!

Take care Andy and Lynette....have a nice recovery back in 'Jersey! Man that's a really long trip accross the Ocean! And hey! With all the pictures that were posted, you guys can always come back to Maui No Ka Oi.....Take care! God Bless! Good Health and Prosperity! A Hui Hou! Malama Pono....

slackkey Bill Pellazar
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  12:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Just wanted to say hello Andy and Lynette. It was a pleasure and honor to meet both of you. I'm impressed with your "Members I saw in the Islands" list. I probibly saw them all also but I regret not formally meeting everyone. Ideally, I would like to "kanikapila" with each person. Take care, stay healthy and my new favorite saying, "make someone happy"!
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  4:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Andy & Lynette,

Hope you're adjusting well after a nice relaxing Hawaiian lifestyle (minus those loafers!). Hey, being one of the "host" taropatch members here, I am embarrassed (probably not the right word, but close) to see from your list that I only met less than half of our members right in our own backyard. Our Waihee gang missed a rare opportunity to share our Aloha to the rest of our visiting taropatch family. Well next year, we will do better.

If we can remember it, I suggest that for those attending George Kahumoku's workshop or the Slack Key festival in 2004, they should wear a Taropatch.net Button! This way we can identify our family members quickly and happily, not to mention free advertising for our taropatch.net.

ed

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  6:31:21 PM  Show Profile
Where do we get Taropatch.net buttons?
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  6:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy

My regret is that MY name is not on your list. Sorry I missed you and Lynette. Sounds like you had a great trip though. Next time!

Duke
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  02:25:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ed, I thought of those TaroPatch.net buttons, too. They would have been good. There's another project for Andy unless he wants to farm it out!

Duke, so sorry we didn't get to see you! So close, and yet so far...
Are you going to Aloha Music Camp? We miss you, hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  03:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
We need a TaroPatch.net logo...any talented graphic artists out there?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  09:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Sarah and Kitty and David and I *did* get to visit with Duke in Hana, even if only for a short time, because of his pressing work and activities. Duke's benefit Slack Key CD is selling really well, I am happy to report. Duke was sending out a shipment of 10 when we got there. Taropatchers, you should get it - it is for a great cause and will provide great enjoyment for you.

Duke, you should come to megalopolis so that you can relax! Hana is too busy and has too many people and cars. (Actually, I *was* really surprised by the traffic there and the hundreds of cars at Ohe`o Gulch.) You are always welcome to stay with us. Mahalo nui loa for your hospitality and na lei puamelia.

It is funny how my memory is faulty, Duke. I guess I always saw you sitting down and playing while in Puna, so I was surprised at how tall you are. What a laugh on me, yeah? Maybe I am still shrinking. But my memory of your aloha and talent is still accurate.

A hui hou,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  09:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Buttons! Julie did have the idea. Now that Ed has second the motion...

Okay, so is there a competition for button designs? Send them to me and we'll put it up for a vote.

Who is going to produce these buttons? At first I thought about ordering them. Then again, there are not that many of us, and it would be cool to have your user name on there? For example, this last June would have required about 25-30 buttons?

August is coming...

Oh, and yes, we missed you Duke! You must have been super busy. We'll just have to come back! There were some Hana representatives at the workshop. Bob and Amy? Know 'em?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I was thinking of an all-purpose logo that we could use for buttons, t-shirts, etc.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all!

Well, paradise *does* have to be staffed and sometimes it gets a bit hectic out here in the summer months. It's usually a busy time too for the hula group I'm involved with--we've gotten so busy with performances outside of our usual Hotel Hana Maui gig once-a-month, but it's all good. I'll never complain about having to play too much music

Mahalo, Reid, for plugging my benefit CD. If anyone is interested: www.east-maui.com/hikina.html It was great to see you and Sarah and of course, David and Kitty too.

Glad you all had a good Maui visit.

Malama pono

Duke
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  4:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Buttons with (or without) Usernames, Taropatch official logo, Tshirts, Baseball hats, etc. - I love it! When you really think about it, Taropatch.net is probably the most popular slack key website out there ( are there any others, I mean slack key?)

Maybe this site can become the merchandise ordering point and all monies made can be used to fund slack-key related projects for our members, charity related musical donations, Hawaiian trips for deserving members (WOW!). With a little bit of advertising I mean this could be huge.

Let's get rolling

ed

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  8:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I was thinking of an all-purpose logo that we could use for buttons, t-shirts, etc.
[snip]
With a little bit of advertising I mean this could be huge.
You guys. So "big business".

Granted in 1999, we could have gone public and laughed all the way to the bank; but today I'm happy running a fun, little money, no advertising website.

Of course if Yahoo! offered me $100 million, this place might quickly become Yahoo!groupsTaroPatch.net. Terry Semel, Jerry Yang are you listening? Hello?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  11:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
FYI, I just created a new post regarding the logo, New logo - are your creative juices flowing?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  12:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

From left to right:

Bruce Lamb, Ken, ebige, brian kluepfel, Julie Hendriks, Larry Prather, dfpet, Pulelehua, jlsulle,
Willie Pereira, Lawrence, Reid, Admin, Sarah, donkaulia, Slackkey, ohanabrown, Popoki, rossasaurus

Although we missed a whole lot of people, here is a TaroPatch.net `ohana photo after the Maui Slack Key Festival. I always imagined that I'd be able to mentally keep track of our members. Now that I'm back home, I see good reason for making those TaroPatch.net buttons!

Anybody think they can get an `ohana photo at the Aloha camp next month?
Andy

Ps. Photo by Lynette.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000