Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Lanikai Ukes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

OglavyandTuglavy
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  4:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Can anyone give me any information on Lanikai ukes? I'm interested in a koa concert and possibly an 8 string tenor and Lanikai has a few I've been looking at. I've been ripped off badly by the Rejoice company on a koa soprano I bought from them off the internet and I don't want to make the same mistake! Any comments would be helpful, thanks!
Nick

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  6:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
The Lanikais have been given good reviews by other TaroPatch members in several different forum topics. You might try doing a forum search and see what turns up. (Use the Search link at top right.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

OglavyandTuglavy
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  11:57:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Craig! I'm kinda new to this forum stuff.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  02:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
In that case I should warn you that the search function here isn't the greatest (unless I'm missing something)...it points you to topics that have the keyword you're searching for but doesn't show you where the keyword appears within the topic. (You have to use your browser's search for that once you have the topic page opened.)

In any case, welcome to TaroPatch!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 07/08/2003 02:48:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  09:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
...it points you to topics that have the keyword you're searching for but doesn't show you where the keyword appears within the topic.
Are you using PC/Mac? I'm on a PC running Internet Explorer and the search word(s) are highlighted in yellow.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  12:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
That's weird...I never noticed that before. You're right...at least on the PC they are highlighted in yellow. Sorry about that.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  6:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Aloha...
I make it a habit to evaluate ukes whenever I visit stores that carry them and I find the Lanikai's to be well made, good sounding, and well priced. My main priority is sound and playability. On a scale from one to ten, I give it an eight and a half. Good luck... stay tuned...Hiram Bell

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

Curtis Takahashi
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2003 :  5:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!

I echo Hiram's comments. The Lanikai's seem to be pretty well made and a pretty good value for the money. I know two gentlemen who own tenors. They seem to do the job.

Curtis Takahashi
Go to Top of Page

Will
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  02:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will's Homepage
I own a Lanikai spruce top concert, and it's the best sounding of my ukuleles. I also own a Lanikai koa veneer tenor, and that one plays and sounds very good, too. Great value for the money - the concert uke was only $100 and the koa tenor $150 from Harp Depot.

Will
Go to Top of Page

veinte_balboas
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  10:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Nick:

Did you ever link up with the Lanikais? Nice instrument for the price. Enjoying mine.

V-J
Go to Top of Page

1four5
Aloha

8 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  3:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1four5's Homepage
I've got their KB Koa baritone model, from Harp Depot. Best $169 I ever spent. Best finish of any instrument I've ever owned. I can't put it down.

ukeblue.com
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  8:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
I just bought a Lanikai 8-string concert w/spruce top. I love it! Can't put it down! I played it side by side w/other ukes and Lanikai's too, but I kept coming back to the 8-string when test driving them all. It was a matter of personal choice to go with that one, but it plays so smooth (like butter) and sounds like a dream. It was a little more than the other Lanikai's, but I am one happy camper!

Maggie

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  10:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
I have a Lanikai cutaway tenor that plays well. The curly koa laminate looks nice and the Shadow preamp works fine, although in many ways it is overkill for an uke. I almost bought the 8-string MahinaM writes about but decided to go with a tenor first. Next time, though . . . .

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  11:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Harp Depot's web site brings up an interesting point...they list them as Hohner Lanikai. Did Hohner buy Lanikai or is Lanikai a division of Hohner?

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  4:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Craig, the guy at the ukulele store at the Aloha Tower said they're the same company. Like Lanikai is the name Hohner is using on their better ukes, or maybe they've been phasing in Lanikai and phasing out the Hohner name.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
ah... the ukulele store at the aloha tower marketplace is where i formally crossed over to the aloha side. i got my first ukulele there in 2000 - a valley made pineapple concert.

hey fran, see you in a week? the current plan is to have the kanikapila in waihe`e on august 28 since it's more central. duke from hana will be coming in!

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000