Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Lanikai Ukes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  01:47:48 AM  Show Profile
I bought a couple of Hohners (for beginners) in Hilo at $50 each and had them shipped to CA. Gave one to a niece, but the other one had trouble with the bridge. It came unglued before I even played it. So I glued it. The next time I picked it up the bridge snapped in half and it popped up and smacked me in the face, strings and all! Boy, did that hurt. Luckily it didn't gouge out my eyes. I will never consider another Hohner. I have had Hohner harmonicas ever since I was a child, and so I trusted the name. But no longer...

Well, you get what you pay for, and I've learned my lesson about cheap instruments.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  02:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, Keith, you have such cool taste. I get the "I wanna I wanna" shakes when I get around those pineapple concerts.

If the good lord is willin' and the creek don't rise (in the immortal words of Minnie Pearl) I will be there. Should I still be booking for the Kapalua airport, or head for Kahului? Kevin says eleven, what time is good for you?

Aloha,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Dave Gunter
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  5:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave Gunter's Homepage
I picked up a Lanikai koa tenor this summer and really like the sound. The action was a bit high when I got it, so took the saddle down a little and it plays like butter! Been playing it a lot and it's breaking in well -- tone just keeps getting richer and sweeter.
Dave

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000