Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Aloha `oe to a dear friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  06:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So sad to hear this news. Deepest condolences to Susy's family and to Neej, from me and Alice.

One of the highlights of the AMC's that we attended was jamming ki hoalu with Susy and Jean when the classes were done for the day. We ran into Susy camping at the Old Time Fiddle Contest in Weiser, ID and continued the jams there. And we even made it over to WA once for one of the monthly kani's, for more fun. The great sadness of her passing is tempered some by these bright memories and wonderful moments of aloha.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  11:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too will miss her. She liked my music and made me feel that it was all worth the effort to see her in the audience smiling and singing along. It was wonderful to have such a lover of Hawaiian music as a friend.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  12:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To my misfortune, my path and Susy's seldom crossed at AMCs due to attending different sessions. I remember her Kai, though, and I remember with a huge smile her and Jean's performances during open mike nights. Especially "Oh, Mark!" (You had to be there.)

Jan and I send our deepest condolences to Susy's family and to Jean.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  1:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last summer's AMC was the first time Susy had not been at a camp when I was there. Her absence could not go unnoticed. Although I seldom was in classes with her, I often shared meal tables (and sometimes cars) with Susy and Jean and have many fond memories of lively and irreverent stories. We have lost a wonderful spirit.

Aloha `oe, Susy. My best wishes to her family and to her intrepid travel partner, Jean. You have been much in my thoughts since I heard the news yesterday.

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

cwilson
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha 'oe Susy, she was at every camp that we have attended.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.
Mary and Clsy
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  3:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear sweet Susy, you will be sorely missed. Such a special person in so many aspects. Condolences to her family.

Lee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000