Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The "Other" Hawaiian Taro Patch Instrument
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  04:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I don't know about PolderbitS, but in Amadeus there is a "Paste Over" option in the Edit menu that allows you to merge two tracks. Generally, however, if you're going to be working with more than one track you're much better off finding an application that has multi-track capabilities. If nobody else here pipes up with a suggestion, you may want to check www.download.com or www.versiontracker to see what you can find.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 08/04/2003 12:56:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  11:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Ok, cpatch, so now that we know you can use Amadeus, send me some music!!! I can't wait!
-Aloha,
Konabob
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I've got one slack key piece on SoundClick already. I'll eventually get another one up...maybe even Ironwood Moon! (With your permission of course...I'm in the process of transcribing it now.)

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/04/2003 12:55:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  2:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
I listend to "Willy's Tune" - Very nice piece! It might be a bit fast for the steel guitar, but if you email the mp3 I can give it a try. I think it's really great that you are transcribing Ironwood Moon.
Here are the lyrics:

Ironwood Moon Song by Konabob Stoffer, 2002

Alone on the beach at Waipio
Under the ironwood trees
I hear them sigh as the trade winds blow
And the moon rises over the sea

Alone, my heart is calling
To one who is now far away
The moonlight is playing upon the sand
And the whispering pines seem to say

Many have stood here before you
With this same yearning deep in their heart
All have flown on the wings of time
Never more shall they part

True love endures forever
Like a beautiful haunting tune
Sung on the shores of a glistening sea
Beneath an ironwood moon
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  2:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks for the lyrics...very nice. Willy's Tune isn't me actually...mine is Kani Kiho`alu. And with one exception, you can download an MP3 of any of the songs on SoundClick by right-clicking on the MP3 link next to the song. (You may need to register first...I don't remember. It's free if you do.)

I enjoy transcribing, although I'm still very slow. Slide guitar is particularly interesting to transcribe because the limitations of what you can do with the bar usually dictate which strings the notes are played on.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/04/2003 2:50:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  4:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Ahh! Very sweet song. I put some steel with it and loaded it up as:
http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/kanikihoalurain.mp3

This is lots of fun, and might inspire other to take the "Virtual Kanikapila" plunge.
Go to Top of Page

bluespiderweb
Akahai

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  03:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Konabob,
That Ironwood Moon is just beautiful! I am new here, new to slack key and lap slide, but I love it all. I just hope I'm around long enough to learn some of it(my age is NOT NEW)!
There's a blues player named Kelly Joe Phelps that plays wonderful acoustic lap slide guitar, great tone and ability. He was my introduction as to how beautiful it COULD sound. LEAD ME ON and ROLL AWAY THE STONE are my favorite CD's of his.
I prefer the Hawaiian music to the blues, but it's still nice!
Thanks again for the super MP3 and ecouragement to learn it!

Koaniani,
Ola, Barry

Edited by - bluespiderweb on 08/07/2003 3:34:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  03:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Konabob

Ahh! Very sweet song. I put some steel with it and loaded it up as:
http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/kanikihoalurain.mp3
I'm honored...it sounds great!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  04:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Bluespiderweb,
Kelly Joe Phelps is indeed a great talent! I have 2 of his CD's.
Ken Emerson also plays a lot of blues on lap steel.

Cpatch, I am ready for my next assignment.
Anyone else have anything I can add steel to?
-Konabob
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  04:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Can't make it over to Puna for the camp! Shoots! But my consolation is that I got to play some music today with Mark Neslon! Great to play with you Mark. Also got Keola to autograph a copy of his book so I can read it on the trip back to the mainland.
Don, I won't be back in Kona for a couple weeks. If you want to get together with the guys at Just Ukes, give them a call. The are listed in the phone book 329-ukes as I recall!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000