Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ozzie Kotani DVD, Vol 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  5:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just noticed this no longer shows as sold out on Ozzie's site

Lee
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  09:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just ordered a copy and the checkout process worked so here's hoping it's really in stock now!

Thanks for the tip!

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

Ozzie
Aloha

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  12:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2nd DVD is available again - I'm sorry it took such a long time but I had to change some of the graphics. Only a very small run again. I also will be adding a new free tablature soon on my website ozziekotani.com. Thank you all for your patience and hope I can continue sharing in some way with the slack key community out there.

Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

Puluke
Aloha

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  12:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered mine late last night. Can't wait!

- Bruce
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzie

...Thank you all for your patience and hope I can continue sharing in some way with the slack key community out there.

Ozzie:

Mahalo for all you do for this community and mankind in general helping to keep slack key known and appreciated. So much appreciated!

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana

Edited by - TerryLiberty on 03/10/2013 4:22:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ozzie
Aloha

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  07:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2nd DVD had finally been reprinted and is available again from my website. My apologies for taking so long but edits had to be made and we ran into a few problems. I will also be posting another free tablature soon of "Slack key #2/Mahina's Trot" by Sonny Chillingworth.
Thank you all for your interest and support of ki ho`alu. I am working on my next cd and still tabbing away!

Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

Ozzie
Aloha

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  08:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry 'bout the double posting! I can now be reached via my website if any of you have questions. My hopes are to share more tabs and post audio clips to reference since there's no time values. There are so many more songs to translate to slack key, tunings to mess with, phrases and vamps to develop - I have so much more to learn and work on! That's the wondrous thing - I've been playing now for over half my lifetime and I still find the style open for new work and so many different ways to explore. Teaching has been a great way to keep in touch with repertoire, to maintain my roots, and to push me to tab more material upon request. My advice is to keep one foot deep in the tradition and explore as much as possible with the other - that way you know where you're taking it and respectful of the players who came before while letting your creative energies thrive.

Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  1:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzie

...That's the wondrous thing - I've been playing now for over half my lifetime and I still find the style open for new work and so many different ways to explore...

Ozzie:

I'm not sure who said it but it went something like "There's not enough lifetime for music but there's plenty of music for a lifetime."

I just got your DVD of volume 2. Mahalo!! There's much to learn there. Right now I'm resurrecting my tiny repertoire from a long spell away from slack key but soon it will be time to look into new mele.

Regards.

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000