Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Skype Jamming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  06:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Peter:

LOL!! Thanks for refocusing and coming back to the original question in my behalf. I have similar responses to my question on other forums and I'm beginning to conclude that an affordable, available technology just isn't there. It was worth the question. BTW your book hasn't arrived yet but it shipped.

Jack and Bob:

That was a pretty educational exchange, you guys. Thanks for all the info!

73 OT

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  06:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Of course there is also single sideband suppressed carrier aka:SSBSC, which is actually what is used with most ham gear. (and ham is where we really get the Hawaiian connection going ) The big "advantage" of this communication method is that the receiver has to have a local oscillator to replace the suppressed carrier, which, when you tune slightly off the proper receiver frequency, makes the person you are receiving sound like Donald Duck! Imagine the possibilities that would ensue if people actually tried to play music together with such a system !! .

You guys have not yet discussed much about the speed of light and buffering (time delay) issues that are part and parcel of the thing you are trying to do (and have been endlessly discussed all over the web).

You should check out Ninjam if you want to be able to work around these time delay issues.

Carry on gentlemen...

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 03/27/2013 07:56:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  09:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AH6GT (Gecko Toes) , signing out

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wait! wait!

Can you send me a QSL?... I am trying for WAS and WAC status!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys!!!!

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000