Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Ride Sharing - Moloka`i
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  05:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With two months to go before AMC 2005, I figured it was time to start a ride sharing thread. Who needs what and when?

Dave

I'm not organizing this, just puttin' it out there.

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 04/14/2005 05:30:09 AM

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  07:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo!
I need ride or share taxi or something abour 2:30 Friday out to Camp.
aloha!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  08:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dave! A good idea to get the ball rolling (hey, my countdown calendar shows Camp is a mere 65 days away...)

Is anybody else racing out of Camp in time to catch the Friday afternoon ferry to Lahaina on the 24th? I would be interested in either catching a ride or organizing to share some ground transportation. Please note that the current schedule shows that closing ceremonies start at 11:30, and check-in for the ferry is at 2:15 in Kaunakakai.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha - I'll be on the ~5PM ferry from Maui to Molokai'i on Friday the 17th, and going back Sunday afternoon on the 26th.

Would be great coordinate. Mahalo.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IF we can dive Sunday morning, we should be able to stay down at the dock. Of course that means getting goind early...n
no word back yet on dive schedule....

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  7:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

Mahalo!
I need ride or share taxi or something abour 2:30 Friday out to Camp.
aloha!

Susy & I are s'posed to get in 'bout then (hey, we'll prolly infest the same airplane <G>) & are gettin' a rentmobile. Could maybe shoehorn ya in somewhere if you don't mind a slight detour---we gotta get picked up by the rent folks & then go to Hotel Moloka`i to do the paperwork'n'suchlike (& mayhap devour one of their `ono chicken wraps---yum)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  04:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all sounding good!!!
Weird question, but do they have scooter rentals over there? that's my favorite mode of transportation in places such as Key West - I've figured out how to carry luggage and dive gear - what's a li'l ol' kika pila more?
mahalo -
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  05:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never seen scooter rentals, but it doesn't mean they're not there. I certainly wouldn't want to travel on a scooter down or back up the seven miles of dirt/gravel road, especially loaded down with gear. On the other hand, that would make for an exciting Bread Run.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  06:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seven miles of dirt road - graded, I'm assuming? or 2 ruts? Geez, guess I can't pack and bring my 4X4.
It'll be fun seeing John K this weekend! and this time I get to meet Hope too. I have seen a website where it says "scooter available - donation $25/hr. I'm looking forwardto ride-sharing and bread runs. and on and on.....Oh Boy!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  07:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
vespa bread run! ya-hoo!!

(i can't WAIT for june!)

i t'ink we're renting a car in kaunakakai, i'll ask...

did i say i can't wait for june?

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  07:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin's Cocoa Posse Rides Again

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  2:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Returning for a second week of ALOHA. I'm on Aloha Air 5222 arival 4:20 and leave 2:40 flight 5151. I'd love to rent a car for a week, but know I will seldom use it unless I can help transport some late night baked goods. Perhaps someone with similar travel plans would like to share the weeks rental. If not the rental at least a ride share.
Tommy Cheng
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  9:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy

Returning for a second week of ALOHA. I'm on Aloha Air 5222 arival 4:20 and leave 2:40 flight 5151. ......Tommy Cheng

Which day? We're comin' in on Friday, but might even be bribed to make a run on Saturday :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  02:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I arrive on Sat 6/18 at 4:20. Or at least I'm scheduled to arrive then. I think many of us remember last year's pilikia. Whether a share or a lift I'm happy to offer a bribe.
Tommy
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  11:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tommy -

If you decide to bribe Jean for a ride to Camp on Saturday, would you be interested in sharing a taxi (or Moloka'i equivalent) after Camp on Friday? I am arranging for transportation to the ferry at Kaunakakai for the 2:30 crossing, so depending on how early you want to check in for your flight, they could probably drop you off at the airport on the way to the harbour.

A hui hou!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  7:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy

I arrive on Sat 6/18 at 4:20. Or at least I'm scheduled to arrive then. I think many of us remember last year's pilikia. Whether a share or a lift I'm happy to offer a bribe.
Tommy

Oh, dat pilikia!! Who knows, I may be comin' in again Saturday to see if my luggage has arrived yet, if last year's any gauge. I'm sure we can work sumpin' out :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000